Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I look at my face sometimes, and most of the time it's clear of active pimples. But when it's NOT, I pop and pick and end up with redmarks. So right now it looks like I have the measels, which depresses me greatly. I hate the fact that I feel I need to pop my zits.

So here's a question: Do you feel worse about having zits or red marks? Just a question out of my curiousity. Red marks make me feel more anxious than pimples.

-Sarah

I look at my face sometimes, and most of the time it's clear of active pimples. But when it's NOT, I pop and pick and end up with redmarks. So right now it looks like I have the measels, which depresses me greatly. I hate the fact that I feel I need to pop my zits.

So here's a question: Do you feel worse about having zits or red marks? Just a question out of my curiousity. Red marks make me feel more anxious than pimples.

-Sarah

does picking mean "touching" or picking off scabs?

I hate having zits i usually shave them off because i fear that they will grow more and with red marks they usually heal slowly. My zits will be small for a while but the next hour they are super red and huge. But thats me

Maybe redmarks.

I don't know they can look worse, but if you have really good make-up then you can cover them, but pimples not so much because they are bumpy.

Either way it sucks :(

Guest No Pride

The simple answer is to stop picking and popping. Wear them and accept them like I do. Yes they are white and nasty and everybody and their brother can see them clearly, but they will go away fast if you leave them alone. The red marks, however, will stay for a long time. Its 8 months since I stopped popping and I can still see them, just not as pronounced.

I'm most concerned with pimples. I have inflammatory prone acne. and thanks to BP they don't get inflamed much now. However these pimples are still unpredictable and I'm worried that a pimple would just flare up and look like an over-sized redmark with a core... (much worse than red marks as red marks doesn't "shine" but is quite dull and less noticeable...)

Guest runnerB

red marks all the way (better to have i mean). in my case, all that i have now is redmarks, and it's a lot easier mentally to deal with. i know that the worst is past, and i just have to wait for the red to fade. secondly, red marks can be easily covered, while active acne is much harder to conceal.

I d say if ur lookin at me from far away...Id take pimples...Up close(like wit my girl)..Id rather have red marks...Pimples are also gross and make ur face hurt...So if i hadda chose:red marks

I don't really mind remarks. Might even make me look hot... I remember having red marks from tazorac back in spring. I sort of liked it.. I know I'm a little weirdo.