Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, so after trying the CSR for about eight months i wasn't getting the results i wanted. my skin was sort of clear, but it wasn't getting rid of all the blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores i had ALL over my face. sometimes when i was frustrated i would sit in front of a mirror and pick at all these clogged pores, which resulted in MORE pimples! so i decided to look into a regimen that stems off of the CSR, but at the same time will target all of the clogged pores and blackheads on my face. so here is my new regimen:

AM and PM:

100 mg minocycline

paula's choice skin balancing cleanser

paula's choice 2% beta hydroxy acid liquid (applied with a cotton pad)

dan's CSR gel

paula's choice skin balancing moisture gel

i've been on this regimen about three days now. i'm noticing slightly lesser formation of new pimples, but i don't want to get my hopes up about that, as it might just be coincidence. one thing i can say though, is that my skin has never felt smoother. i'm guessing that's because of the BHA liquid, as it exfoliates. my skin isn't overly dry at all, but i feel like the red marks all over my face are redder than ever (but very slowly fading). i don't know though. has anyone else tried a regimen similar to this? how long did it take to clear you up?

Since you've been on the basic Regimen for 8 months, you can probably safely consider adding/changing things.

But do make sure you were doing the Regimen correctly, rewatch the videos and read the biggest mistakes and see if there is something you could tweak to get better results.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Since you've been on the basic Regimen for 8 months, you can probably safely consider adding/changing things.

But do make sure you were doing the Regimen correctly, rewatch the videos and read the biggest mistakes and see if there is something you could tweak to get better results.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

i was definitely doing everything right, although i can look back now and see that i strayed from the regimen on some nights out of sheer laziness. for the most part though i was good about it. but the problem wasn't that the regimen wasn't clearing me up enough-- it was that it wasn't doing ANYTHING for my stubborn blackheads and under-the-skin clogged pores. i'm kind of ocd about my face and will turn the tiniest thing like a blackhead into a huge pimple. so hopefully this new stuff, combined with dan's gel, will work!

a big part of having success with the CSR is doing it religiously, and being super super gentle to your skin.

You gotta stop picking/squeezing/irritating. I know it is hard, but your skin will respond to the gentleness.

Good luck with your tweaking.

i just wanted to put an update on here-- i think i might give an update every few days if that's okay.

this morning i woke up and a lot of my pimples are (slowly) fading, along with my red marks. the craziest thing, though, is that when i look in the mirror really closely the pores on my cheeks are clear! clear, as in, if i sat down and scrutinized every centimeter of my face (a bad habit of mine) there would be nothing to squeeze out!! that's definitely nice to see. i'm going to lay off on the BP and SA in the morning today, and just use a moisturizer under my makeup instead, because i notice some parts of my skin getting very dry.

i don't know if laying off the BP is ever a good idea, though.

if it's getting better know.... just make sure you only miss 1 application every once in awhile