Notifications
Clear all

glutamine

MemberMember
(@megan_lisa08)

Posted : 08/05/2006 10:53 am

hey guys i read that using glutamine for weight training causes you to produce more growth hormones? i dont know much but wen i hear anything that has to do wif hormones, i always link it to acne. so was wondering does it cuase for acne? i been weight training for 2 yrs now and been on protein and creatine and so far hav had no problems.

MemberMember
(@kyramarie)

Posted : 08/20/2015 7:54 am

I heard that glutamine actually helps "gut related" acne because it strengthens the tissues of the intestines and heals leaky gut (which causes acne)

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/22/2015 2:12 pm

I take free-form glutamine for sugar cravings and healing my leaky gut. I did extensive research on it before starting to make sure it wouldn't negatively affect my skin.

As far as I can find, most of the negative posts on the internet seem to be on bodybuilding forums since it's so often taken for muscle recovery. The one common pattern I noticed though among all the people who were breaking out from glutamine was that they were taking theirs in the form of a protein shake of some sort that contained whey--which yes, will absolutely break most people out. It's just a very common precursor to inflammation.

So I would recommend that if you do take it, be sure to take it in its free-form state and not in conjunction with whey protein.