Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STURZ10

confused with moisturizer(still)..Dan, Brandy evey1 HELP!!!

Please help me..I have found soo many reviews, and recomendations on the org that there are so many I am tooo confused. So if anyone could help and narrow it down for me. Plus what is the conclusion on AHA, how do I know if a moisturizer has AHA? HElp PLeASE..

~Chris :)

P.S. I have a big issue with flakes!!!

I think that the best thing is to try a few* recommended ones, and decide which one works best for you.

For example, take a look at the product reviews for Eucerin Skin Renewal here

You'll notice, that (when it was still readily available) although it had high praise from Dan and many others, there are still users who tried it and hated it!

* I'm not suggesting to try them all at once, but rather give each one a few days or a week to see how well it works on your particular skin. Then stay with the product you liked the best.

I think that the best thing is to try a few* recommended ones, and decide which one works best for you.

For example, take a look at the product reviews for Eucerin Skin Renewal here

You'll notice, that (when it was still readily available) although it had high praise from Dan and many others, there are still users who tried it and hated it!

* I'm not suggesting to try them all at once, but rather give each one a few days or a week to see how well it works on your particular skin. Then stay with the product you liked the best.

thanks.... o and daim4, I know cetaphil. But I want spf, and Does that contain AHA?

Also does cetaphil fade redmarks?

For dryness and flakes, do try the Cetaphil lotion.

if that doesn't work, or you are wanting something with AHA to help with redmarks, you can consider Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion if you have been on the Regimen at least a month.

The way you will know if a lotion has AHA in it, will be in the ingredients list, it will have glycolic acid or lactic acid listed there. They are also sometimes marketed as 'reduces wrinkles' or 'evens skin tone'. AHA moisturizers can be too irritating for very sensitive skin, so do start out using only a tiny amount for the first week to see how your skin will react.

But do try the Cetaphil Lotion FIRST, as Dan really feels that out of the current moisturizers available, this one helps the extreme flaking and dryness the best.

if that doesn't work, or you are wanting something with AHA to help with redmarks, you can consider Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion if you have been on the Regimen at least a month.

The way you will know if a lotion has AHA in it, will be in the ingredients list, it will have glycolic acid or lactic acid listed there. They are also sometimes marketed as 'reduces wrinkles' or 'evens skin tone'. AHA moisturizers can be too irritating for very sensitive skin, so do start out using only a tiny amount for the first week to see how your skin will react.

But do try the Cetaphil Lotion FIRST, as Dan really feels that out of the current moisturizers available, this one helps the extreme flaking and dryness the best.

so the exact one you posted in the post earlier?

Try a moisturizer in the morning that is oil free and doesn't clog pores. Also, maybe one that has an spf. There are many out there. In the night you can try the Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion that has 8% glycolic acid in it. That will help with your old acne marks.

so the exact one you posted in the post earlier?

yes, that one.

Except now that I see you are on Accutane, and not the CSR, I would not suggest the NHSFL.

The Cetaphil is a good choice to try.

If that doesn't work, many other Accutaners use Aquaphor.

You might ask in the Prescription forum what people are using for their excessively dry skin while on Accutane.

I thought you were on the CSR.

Actually, I'll just move this to the prescription forum and hopefully you will get replies from other Accutane users.

Good luck!

i don't think it's a good idea to use aquaphor on the face except for the lips because it contains oil which is probably going to clog your pores

I cant use Cetaphil during the summer because it makes my face look too greasy... great for the winter though. Nothing kills flakes like it.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I personally can't stand cetaphil lotion. It leaves my skin sticky and i can't stand that feeling. I haven't found my perfect moisturizer just yet. So far cetephil cream it the best for me. I use a seperate SPF for sun protection. You want to avoid AHA while on accutane. They exfoliate you skin faster and since accutane makes your skin thin it's just not a good idea.

yes you really don't want to be putting ANYTHING except water and and a basic but strong moisturizer (plus sunscreen) on your face while on accutane. simply no need and all you'll get is irritation. i'd recommend cetaphil moisturizing lotion (without spf), the spf stung my face and didn't moisturize as well.

I personally can't stand cetaphil lotion. It leaves my skin sticky and i can't stand that feeling. I haven't found my perfect moisturizer just yet. So far cetephil cream it the best for me. I use a seperate SPF for sun protection. You want to avoid AHA while on accutane. They exfoliate you skin faster and since accutane makes your skin thin it's just not a good idea.

I too hate Cetaphil lotion. Cetaphil cream is nice for really dry spots but makes me break out if I use it all over. It makes my skin texture smooth though. Most people like the C Cream. I'd try that.