Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alcohol316

2 days after cortisone

How long does it usually take for a cyst to go away after receiving a cortisone shot? It's been about two days and it still looks like the same size and it's still red! Yeah it's right on my face too. My doctor gave me samples of RETINA to apply at night. I read some stuff on this board that it might not be safe either? Also, will going into the beach water or pool do something worse to it?

How long does it usually take for a cyst to go away after receiving a cortisone shot? It's been about two days and it still looks like the same size and it's still red! Yeah it's right on my face too. My doctor gave me samples of RETINA to apply at night. I read some stuff on this board that it might not be safe either? Also, will going into the beach water or pool do something worse to it?

I've only received one cortisone shot for a cyst and like you it didn't seem like it was going down, but after about 3-4 days it went down. Retin-A is safe but it takes a long time to work. If you use Retin-A make sure you wear sunscreen (should anyway) or limit sun. I have found that going into beach water makes my skin better. Haven't noticed a change with swimming in a pool but I don't really think it's going to make it worse.

So how long will it take to completely disappear? It's been about 3-4 days and it's still the same size and red. If I look really closely it kind of looks like the very center of it it's somewhat caving in but that could just be wishful thinking. It still looks red and noticeable though.

Some of mine have taken a week to go down.......but it's better then a few months and a nasty scar......be patient....if there's no change after a week you may be able to get it re-injected......

Some of mine have taken a week to go down.......but it's better then a few months and a nasty scar......be patient....if there's no change after a week you may be able to get it re-injected......

Hmm I heard weird things happen if you get too many injections. Possibly getting huge craters on your face! Before I left the derm he mentioned about possibly doing a small incision on the cyst if it doesn't go away. He said that they won't really have to go deep into the skin and it'll just leave a small scar. Has anyone had this procedure done? My cyst is a little smaller than the width of a pea and the thickness of a dime.

It's been about a week already and the cyst still looks the same. Should I consider the incision?

I usually have to go b ack andget mine re-injected and/or drained. Try that route before you get it cut open, because that would leave a bigger scar than a dent from another injection :)

just get int injected again. *If* you get a dent, it comes back up over time. Ive had the one cyst injected about 4 times. It was Stubborn as hell...

Okay well I'm going to the dermatologist again next week and I'm going to see if I can get it injected again. It'll be about three weeks next week that the cyst is still there. I've been applying Retin-A on it and it looks like the very center of the cyst is slowly going away. The cyst is still very noticeable though.

the derm often dilutes the solution to avoid atropy so occasionally you need to be re-injected. this is normal and the sign of a good derm as they erred on the side of caution!

I have had most of my cysts re-injected well over 4 times and almost all of them are still there with not much of a decrease in size, they just change shape.

I have had most of my cysts re-injected well over 4 times and almost all of them are still there with not much of a decrease in size, they just change shape.

So then what? You just let them stay there?

Same here :doubt: or they go down and you think YES! but it comes back again :(