Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holelyface

2 Most and only effective treatment towards ICE PICKS and deep box scars

I would like to share my personal experience on TCA Cross,

I had some ice picks deep and narrow on my up lips and various places on my cheeks...

After 4 treatments on a couple of scars... It turns out really nicely. The 4th I had 100% and the scars is nearly even... but definitely unnoticeable unless very near distances.

I going to do excision on my few other scars.. on next week. After seeing the pictures which the doc had done. I'm convince it will turn out great... Even believe that the after excision scars can be easily get rid of with TCA cross and a resurfacing.

So therefore... people if you have ICE Picks or deep scars This two is the way to go.

TCA CROSS works better on narrow ice picks and Box scars... Excision works better on tapered ice picks with wider opening.

Advise Don't do TCA Cross on rolling scars. Also don't do it on damaged skins or amidst other treatments like fraxel or laser. It will heal back but at a much slower rate. The effectiveness will significant be reduced. You probably need to do a laser or resurfacing but do it after the entire package.

Always have a couple of test areas done for tca cross no matter what scars you have. Then wait at least 6 weeks to guage results.

Personally I have had tca cross on some rolling scars and seems to work very well, but has not worked well on my pores, so i disagree with not using it on rolling scars.

Also the only laser I would say seems to be ok for scarring is Fraxel. I strongly suggest to stay clear of C02 or other similarly harsh evasive laser proceedures.

Why not TCA on depressed, rolling scars?

I guess the reason for rolling scars are like... a depression with gentle slope (forgive me if I got it wrong)... It is pretty hard to gauge properly how much to put and the area to cover. Likely which like me you'll burn a narrow depression further to make things worse.

But as I done fraxel.. Fraxel does wonder on rolling scars. some of my rolling seems almost hard to notice.

Why not TCA on depressed, rolling scars?

I guess the reason for rolling scars are like... a depression with gentle slope (forgive me if I got it wrong)... It is pretty hard to gauge properly how much to put and the area to cover. Likely which like me you'll burn a narrow depression further to make things worse.

But as I done fraxel.. Fraxel does wonder on rolling scars. some of my rolling seems almost hard to notice.

It must feel so good to see actual improvement in your scars. I am glad to hear some of your success stories but at the same time it makes me sad to think that before my exoderm peel I mostly had rolling scars that may have been hardly noticeable like yours and scarred pores that I could have left alone or tried an individual tca test spot on and a few raised scars that could have been reduced with cheap cortisone shots. I suffered so much going through that peel when I could have done a fraxel with less risks and downtime and no torture with a liquid diet and a hard itchy mask on my face. It is going to be a year and I still cant move on when I see my worsened skin and further scarring from that miserable peel before i put my powder on to try to smooth it out. And it angers me that this does not matter to dr rullan because he got my five grand along with the 4 exoderm patients he averages every month.

I was alot less depressed and optimistic when I started on these boards and even considered myself lucky to have minimal scarring that would me more amenable to treatment. That is why I really believed I could get the 80% improvement Dr. Rullan said was possible with the exoderm and second day abrasion to the individual scars. He must know the extent of my scarring did not merit the expense, risk and downtime and discomfort a full face exoderm entails. His nurse even expressed doubt about me being a candidate for a full face exoderm and she mentioned to me a couple of times my scarring was not bad. I wonder if she had a bit of a conscience and was trying to warn me and get me to reconsider. But Dr Rullan did not care because a full face is $5000 in his pocket book and a partial would only be a thousand. I have also read chemical peels are contraindicated for people prone to raised scars but Dr. Rullan did not warn me about this despite discussing my preocupation with a few small raised scars.

When I was in the operating table he expressed irritation for having to extract a few whiteheads on my nose. I should have disconnected the IV and gotten the hell out of that operating table even if my check was already in his hands. His true caring nature was already being manifested that day.