Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I'm going to buy makeup tomorrow and I was just curious what brand I should get I have moderate acne and my skin is VERY oily! I need medium to full coverage. Any suggestions??

I think Almay makes good products, especially for their price point.

chances are you will have to try out a few brands before finding one you like. you should go to Sephora or a department store and tell them your problem, and they can recommend what'll be good.

but I would be careful about buying "full coverage" makeup especially when you have active acne, it might exagerrate or aggregate the problem. personally if I could go back in time to when I had moderate acne (it got worse, but I went on accutane....) I would concentrate on keeping that at bay and just wear light-medium coverage makeup.

for your oily skin look for a "mattifying" moisturizer/lotion which you apply before your makeup.

have you talked to your derm. about your oily skin? if not ya prob. should before it gets any worse... because I've been down that road and I wish I fixed it earlier... good luck:)