Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

Did drinking excessive water have a dramatic effect on your skin?

I drink rain water from a tank. Is this cool?

Depends where you live. Rainwater in some places is contaminated ("acid rain"). Probably not any safer or purer than tap water. You can get test kits probably to see what's in the water.

Yes to answer you question drinking water does in fact heal your skin quickly. I've always drank water since i was little sinc i was active in sports. And last year since i stop playing sports i didn't drink water as much and this is the first tim in my life i've experienced acne. The acne is gone but i still have dark spots. So do drink a lot of water cuz its very beneficial to your skin down the road. Plus i heard a lot of celebrities do it such as Halle Berry and Prince and there in there late 40's and look young and have flawless skin.

i tried it for about 2 weeks... and honestly didn't see much of a change. though there is nothing wrong with consuming excessive amounts of water, in fact you'll probably stay healthier because of it.

Yeah right, doesn't everybody know you can die from drinking too much water?

Just to add...for those who have only done it (drank water) a short while...

I didn't notice any real change until AT LEAST 2-3 months in. This is more of a lifestyle change than a miracle cure. Don't expect to drink only water for the next 2 weeks and see any difference. I started it because I wanted to quit sugar/caffeine and eat healthier, but it had the pleasant side-effect of clearing me up much better than most treatments I've been on (still not completely gone, but MUCH better).

I became a water addict ever since I learned about the benefits.

I used to drink a bottle every day, and guzzle down a gallon [ straight from the bottle ] sometimes.

I'm not sure if EXCESSIVE water might be good, but probably following the recommended amount of water intake is good.

yea but did you see any dramatic changes in your skin?

Water is the only thing in the world where too much water IS NOT A BAD THING!!! The more water you drink the better your acne is guaranteed! Where do you think sweat comes from???? Water in your body which is mixed with all the other crap you eat. When you dilute your system so that your urine is clear like water, then you are running clean like a car engine. When your urine smells like shit and is dirty yellow/orange, then you have more toxins than a nuclear power plant. WATER IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO NECROMANCER!!!!!

:ninja:

I recently started drinking a lot of water. I went from about a bottle (20 oz) of water a day to a gallon now. I haven't been doing it for long enough to see any results, but I imagine it's worth it whether it helps my acne or not.

It really isn't that difficult. I just carry around a 1 liter bottle with me all day and re-fill it when I'm done. Also makes drinking unhealthy things such as soda less attractive since I'm generally not very thirsty.

Will people stop saying that you cannot drink too much water?? You can die from drinking too much water! There is such a thing as water poisoning!! :evil: grrrr. If I have to repeat myself again...

Will people stop saying that you cannot drink too much water?? You can die from drinking too much water! There is such a thing as water poisoning!! :evil: grrrr. If I have to repeat myself again...

You're WRONG!

You can die if you don't know how to operate your body and you drown in the water that you are drinking. Case closed.

:ninja:

See...this is why doing X is dangerous. You're high or water and you feel REALLY thirsty, and you end up drinking WAY TOO MUCH WATER, and then you die because it gets to your brain or something like that. I'd say just drink 1-2 L of water everyday, but that's just me. Don't drink pop or coffee or none of that shit, as it dehydrates you. When you begin to just drink water daily instead of coffee and pop you will feel much better cause you've stopped drinking the things that cause sugar highs. When you're on the upswing on the sugar high you feel pretty energetic, but when you're on the downswing on that high, you kinda feel like you dont wanna do ANYTHING. When you start drinking only water, and maybe juices, you won't deal with these kinds of highs and you'll feel much better throughout the day.

haha...this is my 69th post

See...this is why doing X is dangerous. You're high or water and you feel REALLY thirsty, and you end up drinking WAY TOO MUCH WATER, and then you die because it gets to your brain or something like that. I'd say just drink 1-2 L of water everyday, but that's just me. Don't drink pop or coffee or none of that shit, as it dehydrates you. When you begin to just drink water daily instead of coffee and pop you will feel much better cause you've stopped drinking the things that cause sugar highs. When you're on the upswing on the sugar high you feel pretty energetic, but when you're on the downswing on that high, you kinda feel like you dont wanna do ANYTHING. When you start drinking only water, and maybe juices, you won't deal with these kinds of highs and you'll feel much better throughout the day.

haha...this is my 69th post

tom delonge fucking ruless

I say, just drink enough water so that your urine isn't too yellow. A light yellow color to clear is when you know your bladders aren't working overtime to cleanse your system.

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It!

The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications.

The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

Well that cleared that up for me :D

You are correct about that, but I don't want people thinking they can drink a gallon of water and be ok. People need to be careful what they say and what they suggest to others. A guy in this area died of water poisoning because he drank about a gallon (or more) in a couple hours while he was exercising.

Water Poisoning

And here, from Wikipedia

"Consuming as little as 1.8 liters of water in a single sitting may prove fatal for a person adhering to a low-sodium diet, or 3 liters for a person on a normal diet."

Somebody mentioned trying to drink 4 liters a day. What if that was your goal and you were short at the end of the day and tried to glug a bunch at once? I just think people should be careful what they recommend.

Here is the story about the man who died recently in my area http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17839

You are correct about that, but I don't want people thinking they can drink a gallon of water and be ok. People need to be careful what they say and what they suggest to others. A guy in this area died of water poisoning because he drank about a gallon (or more) in a couple hours while he was exercising.

Water Poisoning

And here, from Wikipedia

"Consuming as little as 1.8 liters of water in a single sitting may prove fatal for a person adhering to a low-sodium diet, or 3 liters for a person on a normal diet."

Somebody mentioned trying to drink 4 liters a day. What if that was your goal and you were short at the end of the day and tried to glug a bunch at once? I just think people should be careful what they recommend.

Here is the story about the man who died recently in my area http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17839

That's in a single sitting.. and possibly if you drink too fast.. you should try to take 3 breaks and breathe when drinking 250 ml of water.

Well say if your aiming for 2-3 litres of water a day....

12 hours in the day :) (10 am - 10 pm say)

250ml x 10 hours = 2500ml (2 1/2 litres - i dont think you should drink any more :naughty: )

So means ....

Have 250ml drank every hour, sipping it DON'T gulp it down in one go, if you havent drank enough its FINE because more than likely you will drink 2 litres by the end of the day..its all about MODERATION like HeatherD said. This is just to help those who find it difficult to drink water or find it boring lol

250 ml just half the size of a normal contour bottle (500ml) altho im sure ye figured that out alredy ;)

It means you wont be overloading your body but keeping hydrated, as i said your kidneys can handle 15 litres of water a day (doesnt mean you should drink that much tho :shifty: lol)

I heard bananas are good because theyre the only LOW SALT food containing LOADS OF POTASSIUM - but then it says hyponatremia is LOW SALT ....so i spose you have to watch your salt levels too...

JEEZ cant believe i went into so much detail just over a feckin bottle of water :lol:

But I'm glad that you did :) That's the most rational suggestion for upping your water intake I've seen in this thread so far!

I mentioned earlier that you can squeeze a bit of lemon juice in your water to make it easier to drink. Unless I'm really thirsty, I absolutely hate hate hate water! It's so weird, I actually feel disgusted when I try to drink water and I'm not thirsty. So that lemon thing is probably a good trick.