Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shaun1800

fraxel results after accutane

i was wondering if anyone had fraxel after using accutane, and what the results were like? i had accutane about a year ago now, i know it makes the skin fragile so would the results be as good? i even read a doctor somewhere say you shouldnt have fraxel at all after accutane.

I just had my first treatment last tuesday and I'll let you know how it goes. I have been off accutane 5 1/2 months and so far everything is going pretty good!

I just had my first treatment last tuesday and I'll let you know how it goes. I have been off accutane 5 1/2 months and so far everything is going pretty good!

how many milli grams were u prescribed??? talkin bout the tane in da past

how many milli grams were u prescribed??? talkin bout the tane in da past

I took 2 /40mg pills a day.

two 40 mg capsules a day of accutane isnt a lot? I havent seen many people or ANY people on this board that are taking more then that. Unless Ive just overlooked it

i took 80mg, twice... now that's a lot, i seen people took 128 mg, twice, now thats a lot, 40 isn't a lot, but its ok...

hey please keep us posted on how your fraxel recovery is going, also what kind of scars are you trying to treat.

i would have thought due to the fact that accutane weakens the skin that it wouldnt heal as well after any sort of resurfacing, so the results wouldnt be as good.

Most docs say a year. I am a really impatient person, so for me this is torture. But you gotta go with what the experts say and you dont want to do anything you might regret later on. Some people who I have talked to said that they thought they would need laser or something when they were done with accutane and then their skin healed naturally much better than expected and after a year they didnt even find it necessary. Let us know how it goes ribZ, I guess if your doc said it was ok then he must think your skin is back to normal from the tane... how bad are your scars?

Most docs say a year. I am a really impatient person, so for me this is torture. But you gotta go with what the experts say and you dont want to do anything you might regret later on. Some people who I have talked to said that they thought they would need laser or something when they were done with accutane and then their skin healed naturally much better than expected and after a year they didnt even find it necessary. Let us know how it goes ribZ, I guess if your doc said it was ok then he must think your skin is back to normal from the tane... how bad are your scars?

Yeah the patience thing is the hardest part for me..lol. When I called for a consultation around then 3 1/2 month mark after i stopped accutane, the nurse told me that she wouldnt even think there would be a problem if I started fraxel right then. However the doc wanted me to wait another couple months just to be safe..and I respected that! I actually started around the 5 1/2 month mark which I thought was safe enough since I could tell my skin was not dry anymore and I was breaking out a little again. I only have 6 scars and they are very very shallow. I cant even see them until im about a foot from the mirror. But obviously they still bother me and that's where fraxel comes in. Im hoping the end result is that they are completly gone as they are that shallow. It's been a week since I had my first treatment and I do notice improvment on color and maybe a little on depth but it's hard to tell. I didn't expect to see much after the first treatment though just because I think she started on a lighter setting(16Mj, 3 passes) to see how i would respond. No problems, no discolorations. no additional scars so im happy about that. After my next fraxel on the 15th, i hope to see some good results and I will let you know how it goes.

i took 80mg, twice... now that's a lot, i seen people took 128 mg, twice, now thats a lot, 40 isn't a lot, but its ok...

hey please keep us posted on how your fraxel recovery is going, also what kind of scars are you trying to treat.

80mg twice? what do you have to do to get that, how much do you weigh? Also is punch excisions even an option if you have icepicks that are close together because I have 3 icepicks but they are all in a cluster

wow dude, your face looks like a baby's ass... lol... that sounded kinda gay... i hope i get the same results!! i dont have ice picks, i just have surface scars but they look horrible under certain light. Hope the fraxel will smooth it out...

by the way, is anyone here from europe? i took accutane in the states and now that i am back in europe they cannot believe the dosage i took. they dont even have the 40mg pills here. wonder why they give such high dosages in the states... i took 80mg a day and 120mg every other day... i was so dry, but it def. did the trick, i didnt wash my face for like a week cuz i was in the hospital and i didnt get one zit...

80mg twice? what do you have to do to get that, how much do you weigh? Also is punch excisions even an option if you have icepicks that are close together because I have 3 icepicks but they are all in a cluster

Totally an option. I had 12 excisions on more than 12 scars as the nature of those particular scars sees them very close or grouped often times. Very very simple procedure that will change your face for sure.

mine are close together that its like a small area of my cheek is depressed because of them and its 3 really close together, Im worried punch excision would just make it worse, what do you think?

(Im gonna post pics in the future btw, Im waiting to get my computer back because it broke)