Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Nblx

My acne solved by addressing insulin resistance...

Guest Nblx

For me it was the insulin resistance.

I think that GI and GL is crap.

In fact low GI like fructose causes more acne for me. I used to eat alot of fruit and by restricting fruit my symptoms improved immediately. To me the low GI of fructose indicates malabsorption, just like lactose containing stuff is low GI for MOST people (luckily not me as I'm of northern european descent and lactose tolerant). Simple sugars like fructose and lactose when not absorbed end up feeding bacteria.

It's a credit to the Diabetic associations for telling diabetics to avoid fructose as in clinical studies it is proven to be worse than table sugar for health problems. Also diabetic associations don't endorse faddy diets such as low carb or low GI. Fat, sugar and lodsa protein can be a problem for diabetics. They state calories must be reduced to be sufficient for daily needs and be a low fat, low simple sugar, high complex carb, moderate protein diet. And aerobic exercise taken up.

It was only when I followed the diabetic associations guidelines on diet and exercise that I cleared.

That is consume enough calories for your daily needs and take up aerobic exercise, moderate alcohol consumption preferably of vodka or whiskey, low in calories is also good for insulin resistance.

Your calories should come from salad, veggies and complex carbs such as wholegrains and you should have a low fat diet with moderate lean dairy/poultry/fish protein intake.

My bodybuilding friends who do not take steroids all have acne, this is because of the huge amount of calories they consume, causing an anabolic state.

The truth is people don't want to hear that they have to limit their calories, they want to have their cake and eat it.

I am never hungry, I eat salad, veggies, porridge, pasta , rice, wholewheat toast, hot air popped popcorn, tuna in water, chicken, skim milk, cottage cheese, tea, coffee, sugar/cal free sodas, and tap water. My calories have been reduced from around 4000 to about 1500. I have switched from weight training to running 3 times a week.

High fat meats and fatty fish are high in calories, like beef, pork, salmon, herring, and USA sodas and breads are high in high fructose corn syrup, fruit is also high in fructose. I always followed a healthy diet but didnt realise how high calories and loadsa meals thru day was screwing up my hormones including insulin. My depression and anxiety (common in bodybuilders) has been reduced by 80+%. My blood pressure is healthily low now as well.

I jusy cleanse normally now BTW only once a day in shower usually just with baby shampoo or water. It's not an issue anymore, not hammering my skin with harsh anti-acne products has also helped restore my barrier integrity.

People have commented, your skin used to be bad, what have you done, in fact you look great?

I always thought I was lucky to eat loads and not get fat, but truth is I was paying for my greed with acne and potentially diabetes II.

Bottom line lower your calories to your daily needs using a low fat, high complex carb moderate protein diet and do aerobic exercise and chill with a single glass or 2(women)/4(men) of vodka with water!

The diabetic association is actually backwards, they tell diabetics they can have sugar and grains which is a huge no no. The best diet for controlling or reversing diabetes type 2 or insulin resistance is a high fat, high protein low carb diet. The low carb diet will cure insulin resistance and lower ur inslin levels. U may experience hypoglycemia at first but the root cause of hypoglycemia is high insulin levels NOT lack of carbs in the diet. The body can achieve perfect blood suagr balance WITHOUT any carbs if u eat high quality high fat meat and not light meats like breast of chicken. WHen u stop eating suagr and grains it cuases temporoary hypoglycemia because all the years of eating high carbs diet after stoping the diet the toxin levels of insulin will be circulating in ur blood streams for a few days while ur body adjust to lower inslulin levels. Other diets will make it worst.

Controllering blood suagr and inslin levels is the key to long life. No matter how much junk food u eat, or how much u drink or smoke if u keep ur insulin and lbood suagrs levels low through propber food combining and exercise u can live long. The oldeest person in the world was actually a smoker but they lived long cause they kept insulin levels low.

Guest Nblx

The diabetic association is actually backwards, they tell diabetics they can have sugar and grains which is a huge no no. The best diet for controlling or reversing diabetes type 2 or insulin resistance is a high fat, high protein low carb diet. The low carb diet will cure insulin resistance and lower ur inslin levels. U may experience hypoglycemia at first but the root cause of hypoglycemia is high insulin levels NOT lack of carbs in the diet. The body can achieve perfect blood suagr balance WITHOUT any carbs if u eat high quality high fat meat and not light meats like breast of chicken. WHen u stop eating suagr and grains it cuases temporoary hypoglycemia because all the years of eating high carbs diet after stoping the diet the toxin levels of insulin will be circulating in ur blood streams for a few days while ur body adjust to lower inslulin levels. Other diets will make it worst.

Controllering blood suagr and inslin levels is the key to long life. No matter how much junk food u eat, or how much u drink or smoke if u keep ur insulin and lbood suagrs levels low through propber food combining and exercise u can live long. The oldeest person in the world was actually a smoker but they lived long cause they kept insulin levels low.

The truth is a zero/low carb just fat and protein with or without salad diet will clear acne, its also when using correct amount of calories safe as eskimoes have proved that (no scurvy cos meat is fresh BTW). But it isn't pleasant, as a bodybuilder I've done it. Its not sociable either. Tonight I just went out and had Tandori chicken, salad and rice plus vodka with me mates, what would you order? A low carb diet is also expensive if u want to satisfy hunger. Analysis of successful low carb dieters has always shown it was due to low calorie intake cos of restrictive nature of diet. Constipation, ketosis dont subside, I was on diet for year, if anything it gets worse, especially if you exceed calories you need, I got a layer of fat, still didnt look fat, when I exceeded calories on low carb diet, proving calories do matter, studies have shown this as well. Aerobic exercise with no carbs is painful, hitting the wall.

The diabetic association backs up its doctrine with strong clinical studies.

As for old people, you are right that they have low insulin levels and low blood pressure. Their diets are usually low calorie on average and the smoking/drinking complications are genetic, if anything it acts as an appetite suppressant.

Calorie restriction has been proven to slow aging and clear acne as well as restore fertility and correct type II diabetes.

I also note you contradict yourself, in your original post you said Beef caused acne as did other high fat meats like Pork and blame acid. The truth is you ate too many calories cos of all the fat in those high fat meats.

You said in The real cure for acne...

You can eat all the meat you want except excess beef, pork and liver. Limit those to once a week to remain acne free.

I saw a short documentary about how diabetes can be reversed in one month through a raw vegan diet.

I saw a short documentary about how diabetes can be reversed in one month through a raw vegan diet.

Be careful... Specify the type of diabetes. Type 1 can never be cured... the problem is a defective organ--the pancreas--that cannot produce insulin. The symptoms of Type 2 can be controlled through diet for cases when detection is early. However once Type 2 diabetes progresses to insulin dependence it cannot be reversed. There is also a recently-approved drug for Type 2 diabetes that can help the pancreas (beta-cells) produce more of its own insulin, thereby slowing the progression of the disease. Since Type 2 diabetes is heavily influenced by weight (in many cases, though genetics play a role in a large percentage of Type 2 diabetics), losing weight can help reduce symptoms--a raw vegan diet (where caloric and simple carbohydrate intake are drastically reduced) would therefore help an overweight Type 2 diabetic relieve some symptoms (namely postprandial hyperglycemia) by causing him or her to lose weight (plus, the diet is low in simple sugars and fat... just like the diabetes association recommends :D ).

I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about diabetes this summer...

Again well put this also relates to blood sugar levels and acne btw. What shmelis wrote is right aswell.