Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
minds_i

Acne-friendly bodybuilding supplements?

I'm once again gonna try to gain some extra mass (I WILL stick at it this time!), but which protein shakes are gonna be safe to use with my acne-prone skin? Do any other members use some which they can recommend?

Thanks.

I'm once again gonna try to gain some extra mass (I WILL stick at it this time!), but which protein shakes are gonna be safe to use with my acne-prone skin? Do any other members use some which they can recommend?

Thanks.

Goats milk is closer to mothers milk then cows milk. Its alot healthier as goats arnt treated as bad as cows yet (antibiotics etc). Its also less mucus forming then cows milk.

I culture my goats milk with kefir grains. This adds good bacteria and the lactose and hard to digest proteins become pre-digested making it highly bioavailable form of protein. After my workouts I have this with a liquid omega 3/6/9 and some egg yokes! Pure muscle building stuff.

Thanks for the advice. I do have a quite a lot of eggs as it is, but i guess i could look into goats milk.

I was really looking for info on protein shakes though.

I've had no problem with:

Universal Animal Pak

Biotest ZMA

Biotest HOT ROX extreme

Optimum Nutrition Whey

AST Creatine

I don't think I've had a problem with any.

If you want to go the whey route, just look for something that doesn't contain sugar and uses stevia for a sweetener. Optimum Nutrition makes one, I believe.

Also, www.trueprotein.com is the best. They have whey and egg protein shakes that are all custom made. You can dictate what goes in the shake through drop down menus and you can choose Stevia as your sweetener of choice.

I've heard whispers that whey and dairy is bad (for skin), but as far a protein shakes go, most are whey based. I would investigate soy protein or soy milk it is full of antioxidents.

I've heard whispers that whey and dairy is bad (for skin), but as far a protein shakes go, most are whey based. I would investigate soy protein or soy milk it is full of antioxidents.

Go with egg or hemp protein shakes.

WHEY ALL THE WHEY BABAY YEEEHAW!

Seriously Whey it the bomb.

When considering Whey:

1- Make sure it contains either whey concentrate or both whey concentrate and isolate together. With Isolate alone you could see faster gains but there are drawbacks (I'm not typing the page to explain why).

2- Make sure it has natural colors and sweeteners (preferably no sugars).

3- Get the "instantised" formula because it disolves completely so you won't get that grainy taste or feel, and improved digestion/assimilation.

4- Even though you might like chocolate, ALWAYS get the vanilla. You can figure out why.

5- The labels say to take 2 servings a day (usually means 15-25 grams of protein per serving). However your better off splitting that 2 servings into 4. Same amount of protein just in smaller increments. This is best for body types who don't put on pounds really fast.

6- Protein shakes and the like are best in the morning or at mid-day, but not before bedtime (unless you workout before bedtime).

7- I'm sure there's more but I'm tired.

meeeeoooooooom!!!!! can I have some weight gainer 4000?

IPB Image

BEEFCAKE!! BEEFCAKE!!!!!