Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

WHAT IS THIS - PICTURES INCLUDED!

Like I said in my other posts, Ive never had cysts..just pimples and zits..After starting differin this is what i got...

can someone please tell me what this is and what I can do to treat it???

It is so painful and gross:(

IPB Image

ok so after a few days this is what it turned into

IPB Image

its shiny because I have polysporin on it (neosporin).

Sorry you can't wait two whole hours...

It looks like an inflammatory lesion to me. Probably a small cyst. I get ones that are WAY bigger than that. Also looks like you picked at it. Don't.

Sorry you can't wait two whole hours...

It looks like an inflammatory lesion to me. Probably a small cyst. I get ones that are WAY bigger than that. Also looks like you picked at it. Don't.

Nope I cant..

And no i didnt pick at it Mr. Doctor.

Good. Not a doctor, but maybe someday :D (Also, I'm a woman, in case that matters.)

Take some Aleve. It will bring the swelling down. You can also ice it.

Good. Not a doctor, but maybe someday :D (Also, I'm a woman, in case that matters.)

lol..

yes im trying to ice it down..what can I do to get rid of it?

lol..

Ask your derm for a cortisone injection if it really bugs you........

If I could get to a derm over here I would..(I live in Ontario, Canada) I'd need a referral from my family doctor and wait 6 months till I can go to one...I was at a clinic today and I asked the doctor he said that it scars and he can't give it to me on my face :confused:

Not much you can do to get rid of a cyst. You can have a cortizone injection from a dermatologist, which can knock them down pretty fast. What I do is take Aleve to reduce the inflammation and not touch it. The only thing that gets rid of them naturally is time. The redness usually goes away after a few days or a week but the bump can stay for a month or two.

does aleve take away the redness permanatly ?

Aleve will reduce the inflammation which may make the redness decrease as well. Once the redness is gone it usually stays gone, in my experience.

lol..

It looks like you picked at it. How about the other spots? Picking is hazardous to your health. Stay positive.

:ninja:

It looks like you picked at it. How about the other spots? Picking is hazardous to your health. Stay positive.

:ninja:

sorry what do you mean by picked at it?

Usually picking refers to messing with it by touching it or squeezing it in order to try to get puss out. It's best not to touch them at all.

Usually picking refers to messing with it by touching it or squeezing it in order to try to get puss out. It's best not to touch them at all.

I just touched it softly... thats all..and this is what it turned into.

Alisa,

Go here www.torontoacneclinic.com

They can usually get you in within a few days and offer cortisone injections for around $35 or so. They are on Young St. near Eglington. They are good.

Alisa,

Go here www.torontoacneclinic.com

They can usually get you in within a few days and offer cortisone injections for around $35 or so. They are on Young St. near Eglington. They are good.

Hey thanks but i live in southern ontario :( about 5 hour drive from toronto :(

:cool:

I just touched it softly... thats all..and this is what it turned into.

Any touching is bad touching. Sorry if I sound mean, but I am giving 100% truth. Your skin should be able to naturally fight mild to lightly moderate acne and you should never have any scarring or after-red marks. Apply a lot of BP on that spot only (not the whole face) and let it dry out. It may take a couple of weeks, but it will be worth it in the long run. This goes for any marks like that.

Im thinking of getting a cortison shot.. but im not sure if it is a cyst?

I had one of those back in the winter on my cheek...I sliced it open wit the zipper on my Hy-vent by accident and it scabbed, leading to about 5 months of having this huge ass mark on my cheek..Ugh...i hate thinkin about that...BTW i used to use differin wen my acne was really mild(like 4 or 5 small pimples) and it worked great...Its a shame i hadda resort to accutane now..ahhhhh..I miss those clear skin days...anyway good luck wit gettin rid of that...lata

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm almost certain that is a cyst. Looks quite angry and disturbed, did you pick it? Perhaps a Cortisone injection. If you can't get that, try icing it.

get a steroid injection. Family doctors can give them.

what is the difference btween steroid injection and coristone?

I'm almost certain that is a cyst. Looks quite angry and disturbed, did you pick it? Perhaps a Cortisone injection. If you can't get that, try icing it.

i touched it just a little cuz i wasnt sure wat it was :(

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

get a steroid injection. Family doctors can give them.

what is the difference btween steroid injection and coristone?

Cortisone is a steroid from my understanding of things.

i touched it just a little cuz i wasnt sure wat it was :(

Oh okay, it may just be a bit angry through no fault of your own. Just try to leave it be for as of now, unless of course you're icing it.