Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I saw a bunch of posts from people using H&S to get clear and I posted to see how they are doing on it but no one is replying.......is everyone gone that was using it or did you all quit using it? Please respond.

I been using H&S for years, (I like the smell) and I still have acne.

I think its just one of those fads' that comes and goes

I been using H&S for years, (I like the smell) and I still have acne.

I think its just one of those fads' that comes and goes

They were using it as a face wash----is that what you are doing as well? And, hey thanks for the response! :dance:

Before I start, just an update on my progress:

A while back I came on these boards. I had been suffering from acne for sixteen years and I finally found a cure for my acne (hence the nick). I drank lemon juice etc. I explained it all in previous posts, so I wont do it again. Sadly, a while ago my stomach couldn't handle the lemons any more (should've seen that one coming). Anyway, I stopped and... the acne came back.

Now about the H&S shampoo. A few weeks ago I read on a bodybuilding board about some bodybuilders using ketoconazol containing shampoos to combat steroid induced acne. It's supposed to slow down dht (testosterone that causes acne). I decided to give it a try, and it helped. My zits are once again gone. Only thing that bothered me were the costs. The ketoconazol shampoos are expensive (the weak ones are OTC, the stronger ones prescribtion) Later, I read on the internet Head and Shoulders shampoo (some other anti-dandruff brands as well) contains zinc pyrithione, a substance that works similair like ketoconazol (anti-fungal, dht blocking, etc.) A week ago I started to use H&S as a fashwash, and indeed, the oil is still gone, as well as the acne. My skin looks better than it has in ages, but it's only been two weeks (one week ketoconazol, one week H&S), so maybe it's too early to tell. But the changes the last two weeks have been DRAMATIC. Two weeks ago I was covered with acne, now you can hardly tell I had any acne at all (still some red spots, but they are fading as well).

Maybe it won't work for everyone, but you can give it a try. One word of advice: make sure you don't get any of the shampoo in your eyes. I use a dive optical device (I think it's called, you know the small ones) when washing my face. Looks kinda silly, but it's better than acne. Also, use a small amount, too much will irritate your skin (learned it the hard way). Leave on for two minutes and wash off.

Before I start, just an update on my progress:

A while back I came on these boards. I had been suffering from acne for sixteen years and I finally found a cure for my acne (hence the nick). I drank lemon juice etc. I explained it all in previous posts, so I wont do it again. Sadly, a while ago my stomach couldn't handle the lemons any more (should've seen that one coming). Anyway, I stopped and... the acne came back.

Now about the H&S shampoo. A few weeks ago I read on a bodybuilding board about some bodybuilders using ketoconazol containing shampoos to combat steroid induced acne. It's supposed to slow down dht (testosterone that causes acne). I decided to give it a try, and it helped. My zits are once again gone. Only thing that bothered me were the costs. The ketoconazol shampoos are expensive (the weak ones are OTC, the stronger ones prescribtion) Later, I read on the internet Head and Shoulders shampoo (some other anti-dandruff brands as well) contains zinc pyrithione, a substance that works similair like ketoconazol (anti-fungal, dht blocking, etc.) A week ago I started to use H&S as a fashwash, and indeed, the oil is still gone, as well as the acne. My skin looks better than it has in ages, but it's only been two weeks (one week ketoconazol, one week H&S), so maybe it's too early to tell. But the changes the last two weeks have been DRAMATIC. Two weeks ago I was covered with acne, now you can hardly tell I had any acne at all (still some red spots, but they are fading as well).

Maybe it won't work for everyone, but you can give it a try. One word of advice: make sure you don't get any of the shampoo in your eyes. I use a dive optical device (I think it's called, you know the small ones) when washing my face. Looks kinda silly, but it's better than acne. Also, use a small amount, too much will irritate your skin (learned it the hard way). Leave on for two minutes and wash off.

I dont know what a dive optical device is?

I think H&S works because it melts or gets rid of dried sebum so pores stay open and not trapped underneath skin. Dandruff is dead skin/dried sebum so if it works for the hair, then it should work for the face.

I think H&S works because it melts or gets rid of dried sebum so pores stay open and not trapped underneath skin. Dandruff is dead skin/dried sebum so if it works for the hair, then it should work for the face.

I tried it for a few days and it broke me out :cry:

that could be the initial breakout. Pores are getting unclogged, so all the stuff will come out in the beginning. But once your pores are clear and open, then you should have clear skin.

Stick with it because anything that is going to help with acne is going to cause an initial breakout.

that could be the initial breakout. Pores are getting unclogged, so all the stuff will come out in the beginning. But once your pores are clear and open, then you should have clear skin.

Stick with it because anything that is going to help with acne is going to cause an initial breakout.

Do you use it?

Do you use it?

no but i might. I'm doing something else to help clear my pores. Dandruff, the stuff H&S is used for, is pretty much dried sebum on the scalp. If your face is rough, flakey, dry, and not smooth after washing, then you have dried sebum on your face. If the HS can get rid of dandruff, then it should be able to get rid of the dried sebum on your face. This can get let pores get unclogged and give you clear skin after the initial breakout.

Do you use it?

no but i might. I'm doing something else to help clear my pores. Dandruff, the stuff H&S is used for, is pretty much dried sebum on the scalp. If your face is rough, flakey, dry, and not smooth after washing, then you have dried sebum on your face. If the HS can get rid of dandruff, then it should be able to get rid of the dried sebum on your face. This can get let pores get unclogged and give you clear skin after the initial breakout.

I am always afraid when something breaks me out, like what if it doesnt get better, so I usually quit. Just like the H&S, I quit....maybe I will give it another try, like once a day or something.

I believe a dive optical device is a fancy term for goggles used when swimming or possibly those little sunglasses type things used in tanning booths...

Yes, the word is goggles (or "those little sunglasses type things"). I didn't know the word in english so I googled for a translater and came up with that bullshit word. I need to take another english course. :cry: