Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to "there is no scientific evidence backing up the correlation between your diet and acne", I know of course you gotta eat good, for the vitamins and stuff. Idk im confused?? :wall:

What happened to "there is no scientific evidence backing up the correlation between your diet and acne", I know of course you gotta eat good, for the vitamins and stuff. Idk im confused?? :wall:

What happened was people started thinking for themselves regardless of what people are 'told'

There is evidence from people's stories... But look at it this way- is there scientific evidence that just washing your face will help and that it'll work for everyone?

What happened was people started thinking for themselves regardless of what people are 'told'

AMEN!

AMEN!

Amen sister! your sigi kind of sums it up aswell.

It's impossible to design a clinical study that would entirely define and map the relationship between diet and acne, as acne is a highly individualized disease. Diet can be a major factor for many people.

It's impossible to design a clinical study that would entirely define and map the relationship between diet and acne, as acne is a highly individualized disease. Diet can be a major factor for many people.

Exactly, There will NEVER be a clearly identified diet-acne link in the form of eating food-x produces Y number of legions. Everyone is much too different, especially when it comes to diet.

according to Dan, there is no corrolation, but despite BP gel and the regimen, my acnes still going strong. I have experience radical changes in my outlook on life and felt better by learning how my body reacts to different foods. I don't trust dermatologists who try to sell me things. I don't see why they should be any more revered than nutritionists, yet I've felt better when I fooled around with the foods I ate and explored dietary options. It's a hobby too as well as a way of life and even if it doesn't make your acne go away, there is more to life than acne and changing your diet can change your world.

Again, Dan and anyone else that tells you there is no correlation is mistaken.

Comprehensive scientific study, right here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=15692464

CONCLUSION: We found a positive association with acne for intake of total milk and skim milk. We hypothesize that the association with milk may be because of the presence of hormones and bioactive molecules in milk.

Most doctors (and in fact as I recently discovered, pharmaceutical company websites that market acne products) admit that there IS a correllation... just that it is not known exactly what the CAUSAL relationship is. Correllation is easy to prove... causality is much harder.

No scientific evidence?

I'm guessing that we don't have a big understanding on diet and acne because there's little financial incentive to study it.

well I havent drank milk in over a year or had any dairy whatsoever and im still breaking out. so if you can prove it to yourself, only then is it true.

but dairy makes acne WORSE!!! and that is my truth cause ive seen it with my own eyes.

No scientific evidence?

I'm guessing that we don't have a big understanding on diet and acne because there's little financial incentive to study it.

well I havent drank milk in over a year or had any dairy whatsoever and im still breaking out. so if you can prove it to yourself, only then is it true.

but dairy makes acne WORSE!!! and that is my truth cause ive seen it with my own eyes.

I wasn't saying that everyone reacts to milk or that it is the only cause. Just disproving the belief that there exists no scientific evidence on correlation. I consume organic skim ocassionally, and it would seem that because organic is not treated with hormones that it would contain less IGF-1.