Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

Dan and I were talking about moisturizers.....

Dan realizes everyone is kindof up in the air about which moisturizer is best to use since the Eucerin Skin Renewal got discontinued.

After trying numerous moisturizers and still trying samples for his own moisturizer, he is recommending people try the Cetaphil Lotion that comes in the 8oz. and 16oz. versions. He feels this is the best thing out there currently, until he can get his new moisturizer available. I haven't tried this one yet, but plan to in the near future.

So, if any of you are having problems with flaking and dryness, do give the Cetaphil lotion a try if you haven't done so already.

IPB Image

Dan realizes everyone is kindof up in the air about which moisturizer is best to use since the Eucerin Skin Renewal got discontinued.

After trying numerous moisturizers and still trying samples for his own moisturizer, he is recommending people try the Cetaphil Lotion that comes in the 8oz. and 16oz. versions. He feels this is the best thing out there currently, until he can get his new moisturizer available. I haven't tried this one yet, but plan to in the near future.

So, if any of you are having problems with flaking and dryness, do give the Cetaphil lotion a try if you haven't done so already.

IPB Image

great..but where can I buy it on the net(with shipping to Denmark) ?

This is the stuff I've been using since day 1. Remember, this moisturizer posted here is different than the oil-free SPF15 one, and IMO more moisturizing.

The only thing is that this moisturizer won't completely control the flaking for when you're starting the regimen, so a light AHA once in a while might be necessary.

One other thing, this moisturizer doesn't have any sunscreen in it, so you will need to use something additional for spf if you are going to be outside.

Of course, hats and shade will work too! lol

drugstore.com has it.

Amazon.com has it.

Will either ship to Denmark?

drugstore.com has it and are willing to ship to Denmark but they charge 55 USD for shipping :confused:

I guess. I actually tried to stay away from this lotion and am surprised Dan recommended it. First in the advertisement, it doesn't even mention it's a face lotion. This means you can use it on your hands and legs, and we all know that the skin is different in each area.

Also, it has macadamia nut oil in it. Even though it says it's noncomedongenic, I'd prefer an oil free version. Finally, as Brandy stated, it doesn't have an spf meaning you have to add another layer of cream if you want sun protection, and we all know that bp lowers your skin defenses. Below is this product:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

I understand it's cheaper giving you more oz per cost, but there may be a reason for that. If it was Cetaphil he wanted, I think Dan should have recommended the Cetaphil Daily Face moisturizer which is the same thing but it's for the face, doesn't have oil in the ingredients, and has an spf.

Either that or Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer with spf 15 or any of the Neutrogena oil free moisturizers would be good. I suppose if it's strictly controlling flakes, perhaps that particular cetaphil moisturizer is good at it. But, I'd rather have a little flakes and the items I mentioned above in a morning moisturizer, then no flakes at all.

Tap,

the oil-free facial version of Cetaphil with spf is also on the recommended list, but Dan feels that this Cetaphil Lotion that I mention in this thread actually moisturizes and controls flaking better than any of the others.

Yes, I know that they are all in the recommended list. I was just surprised that he recommended that one. I guess if it's just flakes you're worried about, that's the one to get.

I use as little of moisturizer as possible because I'm worried more about breaking out from the moisturizer then controlling flakes. I think if people want to control flakes, they should just use less bp.

i have a few things to say about cetaphil .. it says it in non greasy but .. when i've bought it is EXTREMELY greasy .. and if u accidentalyl get it anywhere near ur eye it burns so much .. like if u didnt wash ur hands well enough and itch ur eye .. ur eye will burn.

IMO Vaseline Intensive Care makes the best moisturizers thye are strictly for ur face but all the facial moisturizer i have tried are expensive, don't work like they claim, and there isn't enough in a bottle so a few weeks later ur out. Vaseline Intensive Care has one with AHA in it which is like Neuteogena's AHA lotion only this one is 16FL.OZ as opposed to what 2? I use Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture Dry Skin Lotion. I just don't want ppl wasting there money .. The Intensive Care is only $3.59 for those huge bottles. which one sounds for of a bargain to to you.

I used Cetaphil for a week and found it very greasy looking on my face. I used a very small amount and it looked like I used butter on my skin. I'm currently using Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturizer with SA in it. I'm not happy with the SA, being as I'm using Dan's BP, but its the only moisturizer that I have tried that doesn't leave me greasy looking. The others...Aveeno Ultra Calming, Cetaphil, Nivea for men, and Neutragena for Sensitive skin did leave me greasy.

Guest Michael Jackson

I use it, it is great!

drugstore.com has it.

Amazon.com has it.

Will either ship to Denmark?

drugstore.com has it and are willing to ship to Denmark but they charge 55 USD for shipping :confused:

I know... Drugstore.com is not an option for the European user's! Unfortunally... :(

Greedy Bastards :angel:

Edit: But in europe we still have the good Eucerin-cream. I haven't tried the Cetaphil moisturiser, but the Eucerin should be an exellent alternative. And you don't have those crazy shipping cost's...

^ Actually, Anonym figured out that Amazon.com will ship to Denmark pretty inexpensively.

Yes, "pretty inexpensively" = 17 USD for 16oz version :D but that is almost the same as Dan charge for shipping one CSR Cleaser to Denmark so I think its ok. :angel:

that's certainly better than the $55 that Drugstore.com was going to charge you!

Yes! So I'm pretty happy about it, hope I like the moisturizer :D

(lol I get all my regime stuff from the US now :D )

^ Actually, Anonym figured out that Amazon.com will ship to Denmark pretty inexpensively.

Yes he told me about that :) .... I'm gonna let him give it a try and later on, hopefully, he'll let me know i it's worth ordering from the US. I will defently give it a try if it works, because Anonym told me it was like 10$(plus 17$ for shipping it to europe) for a 16 oz bottle. Very affordable, even when ordering it from Denmark. :D

Brandy, Have you tried both creames, the Cetaphil and Eucerin with 5% Urea? What's the difference?

I currently use the european version of the Eucerin with 5% urea, which is called Eucerin 5% Karbamid Face Cream over here, and I would like to know if there's something better( unlikely :) ) and cheaper moisturiser available out there.

Best regards, T.

no, I haven't tried the Cetaphil Lotion, but I'm going to get some next time I am at Walmart and give it a try so I can have an 'opinion'. lol.

And I haven't used the UK version of Eucerin either, as I am in the US and can find all the recommended products easily.

no, I haven't tried the Cetaphil Lotion, but I'm going to get some next time I am at Walmart and give it a try so I can have an 'opinion'. lol.

And I haven't used the UK version of Eucerin either, as I am in the US and can find all the recommended products easily.

:D Sweet... Let me know what you think of the Cetaphil.

What I was thinking about was a comparison between The, now, discontinued US-version Eucerin and the Cetaphilcream.

Best regards, T.

oh, okay ^

I've been using the discontinued Eucerin Skin Renewal, so when I do try the Cetaphil lotion, I will be able to compare.

One big difference I know right off the bat is the lack of lactic acid in the Cetaphil lotion. But, I'll give it a try and see how it is.

oh, okay ^

I've been using the discontinued Eucerin Skin Renewal, so when I do try the Cetaphil lotion, I will be able to compare.

One big difference I know right off the bat is the lack of lactic acid in the Cetaphil lotion. But, I'll give it a try and see how it is.

Okay sounds good :cool: ... Thanks!

Yer if you watch Dan's second lot of vids (him in the black top) he is using the Cetaphil facial Moisturiser and not just the normal lotion.