Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starrybabe21

A Girls Struggle With Acne ***Pics***

Personally, I think it is an amazing improvement :clap: and whoever she is, I wish her all the best...

Anyway, click the link to be taken to her "acne story" and there is two pages of pictures showing her progress - i posted it her because all she did was change her diet I think :think:

No dairy, Sugar and Wheat If im not mistaken :)

It will give hope for everyone who is struggling with their "diet" (aka me too) to gain *clear skin*

Stay strong everyone, were all in this together eh? ;)

Acne Story - Click Here

I read it...very nice improvement. It will clear up for sure, theres quite a few ppl on here who have done the same.(me included) Id advise doing a bowel and liver detox aswell then rebuilding the body ecology. Its also good to see more and more diet - acne links. Theres little to no doubt in my mind there is a link it also seems to have universal properties which cure many people. Only problem is can we convince the millions who say there is no link? Is that our problem? Do we care? Tbh I care for the people who are willing to try. Ive always time for these kind of people...they never stop saying thank you.

I read it...very nice improvement. It will clear up for sure, theres quite a few ppl on here who have done the same.(me included) Id advise doing a bowel and liver detox aswell then rebuilding the body ecology. Its also good to see more and more diet - acne links. Theres little to no doubt in my mind there is a link it also seems to have universal properties which cure many people. Only problem is can we convince the millions who say there is no link? Is that our problem? Do we care? Tbh I care for the people who are willing to try. Ive always time for these kind of people...they never stop saying thank you.

Well hopefully more and more people will get their WELL DESERVED results and FINALLY everyone will follow suit and see the diet-acne connection :)

Id rather avoid certain foods for the rest of my life than suffer with acne, sure its not going to be easy but compared to saying no to a donut or 3 new spots..i dont see much competition :) The DONUT WINS :D haha only jokin! lol

Im going to look into the bowel and liver detox and im sure probiotics couldnt do any harm.

Thanks for the reply...ONE response is better than 1000 views :)

Well hopefully more and more people will get their WELL DESERVED results and FINALLY everyone will follow suit and see the diet-acne connection :)

Id rather avoid certain foods for the rest of my life than suffer with acne, sure its not going to be easy but compared to saying no to a donut or 3 new spots..i dont see much competition :) The DONUT WINS :D haha only jokin! lol

Im going to look into the bowel and liver detox and im sure probiotics couldnt do any harm.

Thanks for the reply...ONE response is better than 1000 views :)

Results do come. There is lots of information dotted around this section of the Acne forum. Alot of ppl here have gotten results and in time more will. Theres different views on what and why...but there are some rules that most of us agree on.

Finding your 'acne free diet' will be down to you. You will find you can add stuff back to your diet that will not harm your acne but also wont do it good. (rubber sheep will get what I mean here). When you go a step further and do internal work like the bowels and liver you will notice you can almost eat anything and acne isnt a problem. (if your stuck on how do develop an acne free diet i made a thread somewhere about peoples current acne free diets, this might give u ideas)

Ive had an idea to make a thread about the many books people have read that lead them to finding how to cure their acne with diet and body healing...Ive read alot of really good books that would give people more aid in finding out the ins and outs of diet and the bodies functions. Oscar wilde wrote 'I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself'.

I think that people just can't think of acne as food related at all... For some, it could just be hormonal. I'd say that for everyone, it's a weak body.

I think that people just can't think of acne as food related at all... For some, it could just be hormonal. I'd say that for everyone, it's a weak body.

I agree. What makes our body? diet! the food we eat makes us. Restoring body ecology is the next step of a good diet.

Yeh i read today it was mainly food allergies that were to do with acne and some hormone imbalances but doctors placed was WAY to much emphasise on hormone imbalance :doh: , i prob posted the link somewhere - i tend to post a lot of stuff, like links and all - apologies for flooding the board :lol: but if it helps im happy :D

Results do come. There is lots of information dotted around this section of the Acne forum. Alot of ppl here have gotten results and in time more will. Theres different views on what and why...but there are some rules that most of us agree on.

Finding your 'acne free diet' will be down to you. You will find you can add stuff back to your diet that will not harm your acne but also wont do it good. (rubber sheep will get what I mean here). When you go a step further and do internal work like the bowels and liver you will notice you can almost eat anything and acne isnt a problem. (if your stuck on how do develop an acne free diet i made a thread somewhere about peoples current acne free diets, this might give u ideas)

Ive had an idea to make a thread about the many books people have read that lead them to finding how to cure their acne with diet and body healing...Ive read alot of really good books that would give people more aid in finding out the ins and outs of diet and the bodies functions. Oscar wilde wrote 'I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself'.

When you get clearer you can identify when you add somthing and its reaction alot better than you will be able at the moment. However like rubber said when you eat good and then eat bad you realise eating good is alot better than you think.

Hormones is a link to acne its a part of the problem, it explains blood sugar levels affecting acne for one.

Diet can help acne clear thats for sure. Reversing the diet can bring it back. Yet other people eat alot worse diet than our 'bad' diets which gives us acne, yet these people dont have acne. So the cause of acne is rooted alot deeper then just diet. Rebuilding the body is the future, stem cells for example.

My family including me have been drinking milk since we were born... Like crazy...at least one or two cups a day..maybe even more.but a lot more when we were kids...anyway we eat a lot of wheat and dairy products...i never had acne till now.. Im 17 years old...and i still cant find out why Im getting it.

My family including me have been drinking milk since we were born... Like crazy...at least one or two cups a day..maybe even more.but a lot more when we were kids...anyway we eat a lot of wheat and dairy products...i never had acne till now.. Im 17 years old...and i still cant find out why Im getting it.

Maybe youve answered your own question...have you ever stopped eating ur regular diet for a long period? whats ur current or previous diet?

Maybe youve answered your own question...have you ever stopped eating ur regular diet for a long period? whats ur current or previous diet?

I really dont keep track..I eat anything i like..or when i want...sometimes i can go a day without eating..like eat one or two meals..i just dont get hungry..its like that for a few weeks..then i eat like three or four meals a day...i dnt drink milk much anymore..but i do eat wheat products...and my mom cooks ethnic foods also..so we have to have bread lol..

My family including me have been drinking milk since we were born... Like crazy...at least one or two cups a day..maybe even more..anyway we eat a lot of wheat and dairy products...i never had acne till now.. Im 17 years old...and i still cant find out why Im getting it.

My mam drinks milk, in fact whole family does and they go thru pans of bread like i dont know WHAT :wacko: lol

I used to be like that too, id eat loads of bread and butter, it was a quick tasty snack for me - like 6 times a day tho :| oops

No one else has been affected by acne, but then they could be hidden symptoms. For example, my mam gets stomach cramps and other digestion problems but wouldmt think of linkin it back to wheat and gluten especially. Also, my aunt has crohns disease so there is a good chance that it runs somewhere in the family, and im the lucky one that ends up with Acne :dance: go me!!

I also found on a site today about someone that said theyre daughter got excrutiating pain on a school trip in her stomach - eventually turned out she had problems with gluten, her uncle did too when tested and so did her sister but her sister was different cause she would bruise instead from the lactose in milk (no acne tho)...on the other hand her 15 year old cousin had severe acne which stopped when he cut wheat and gluten out of theyre diet. Strange tho isnt it when you think of it :think:

I never had acne until around 14, i should have listened to the signs and stopped eating all that bread (note : now that i think of it it was a time when i ATE and increased the amount of White refined bread i ate :wall: lol

And now aged 17, i FEEL for once im gettin somewhere :dance: just by altering my diet a little and being careful with what i eat.

(sorry for long post!!)

Basically, give your body a break DEFO cut out dairy, try wheat too and limit sugary foods, hard i know but think if it works for you your going to save yourself a LOT of bother in the long term ie scars and such.

I really dont keep track..I eat anything i like..or when i want...sometimes i can go a day without eating..like eat one or two meals..i just dont get hungry..its like that for a few weeks..then i eat like three or four meals a day...i dnt drink milk much anymore..but i do eat wheat products...and my mom cooks ethnic foods also..so we have to have bread lol..

Keep track and post on here, lots of people can help with ur diet on here. Would you have to eat your bread if it didnt help you acne? your the only one who can find this out.

Keep track and post on here, lots of people can help with ur diet on here. Would you have to eat your bread if it didnt help you acne? your the only one who can find this out.

I guess you're right..Im gona cut out wheat products and see how that helps...the thing is never cared about diet since everyone said that is a myth even doctors.

I guess you're right..Im gona cut out wheat products and see how that helps...the thing is never cared about diet since everyone said that is a myth even doctors.

Oh sure they will admit it when they find "evidence" A.K.A Money in selling you a healthy diet :snooty: lol

HAHA! So true..doctors these days are all about money. They dont seem to care about your problems anymore :mad:

Its sad I know and you will in time hate doctors for telling you this. Doctors know alittle about a whole lot of stuff. For them to know everything in as much about acne as some of the people on this section of the forums would take along time.

I can tell you one thing I was just like every1 else who said diet and acne was not a problem. I gave loads of excuses and argued till I was out of questions to ask. Untill I tried it and I realised my opinion was wrong, that humbled me to say the least.

Adolf Hitler said 'a lie told often enough becomes truth' I think this applies to the acne and diet link.

Its only a matter of time that people realise while using BP u can still get spots. When they realise Accutanes side affects are too much to handle then have no hope...the last place they will look is the last thing on the list...diet.

then the cause for me must be fruit.

because ive cut out everything else for the last two months and the only thing that has cleared up is my back. and i cant explain it. i use no topicals on my back so it is a direct reflection of my diet. but my face still breaksout. the only thing left is fruit and the sugar in it. im gonna cut it out for a week and see what happens.

but other then that i think i may have ruled out diet for the cause of acne. and then its on to accutane. my derm appt is in one month.