Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

Product Plug: Chunks of Energy - Carob Spirulina

These little things are the shit, like an ultimate energy bar next to Lara bars (raw). I see them at the bulk section of my store, and I've seen them around town in bulk and in other states as well. So I'm sure they're pretty easy to find. Anyways these things are the shit!

Ingredients: Sunflower seeds, honey, carob powder, peanuts, sesame seeds, nutty rice cereal (brown rice, raisin juice from concentrate, rice bran, sea salt), pumpkin seeds, cashews, peanut butter, unsulphured pineapple, unsulphured papaya, Hawaiian spirulina (blue green algae), gluten free vanilla powder, soy lecithin.

Mostly seeds / nuts, papaya and pineapple for digestion, 500mg spirulina in every cube, and they actually taste pretty good. Just felt like plugging some stuff that I enjoy :)

Theres other ones like mixed berry, carob goji berry ginseng, etc...

P.S. Been eating some today and haven't gotten any itchy face allergic reaction, which prompted me to stay away from them for months because of that.

Sound teasterific, doubt there in the UK anywhere, but we have similar bars by a woman helath practitioner Jilian Mc sumthing I forgot. Ones a Living bar with wheatgrass and sprouted grains, ones a similar bar but with more Vit-c, and ones a love bar lol. Said it will make more sperm or somthing. I go for the living bar thats dead tho.

Sounds pretty good i might just go to the store and get some :). Do you think they sell them at whole foods? :think:

Pretty sure they do but not positive... Whole Foods is on the opposite end of town for me so I never go... it will be in bulk section though.

And yes, Lara bars are amazing, no doubt the best "energy" bar ever. Once you have them there's no going back to any of that over processed shit like Clif bars, Luna bars, Power bars, none of that bullshit! There's a great article about how most of those bars are made from the waste products of modern food processing buried somewhere on Mercola.com and westonaprice.com. Just shows you how marketing loves to screw you over :)

I bet it'd be easy to make Lara bars yourself since all you really need to do is blend, puree and dry.. but at Trader Joes they're dirt cheap, like a dollar a bar and well worth it. Too bad almonds and nuts have given me problems in the past but I don't seem to be having a problem today, who knows though.

Pretty sure they do but not positive... Whole Foods is on the opposite end of town for me so I never go... it will be in bulk section though.

And yes, Lara bars are amazing, no doubt the best "energy" bar ever. Once you have them there's no going back to any of that over processed shit like Clif bars, Luna bars, Power bars, none of that bullshit! There's a great article about how most of those bars are made from the waste products of modern food processing buried somewhere on Mercola.com and westonaprice.com. Just shows you how marketing loves to screw you over :)

I bet it'd be easy to make Lara bars yourself since all you really need to do is blend, puree and dry.. but at Trader Joes they're dirt cheap, like a dollar a bar and well worth it. Too bad almonds and nuts have given me problems in the past but I don't seem to be having a problem today, who knows though.

eat one for me!!!!!!

lara bars @ TJ's $1.29, $20.64/ 16 bars, but worth it, just had one. delicious. They don't have chunks of energy... wondering where I can find them, or generally, spirulina in its raw living and dare I say, wet form?

Well surprisingly i didnt find these Chunks of energy bars at Whole Foods... but i did get a couple LARA BARS :dance: and i have a soccer tournament this weekend so im gonna see really how good these LARA "energy" bars are.

lara bars @ TJ's $1.29, $20.64/ 16 bars, but worth it, just had one. delicious. They don't have chunks of energy... wondering where I can find them, or generally, spirulina in its raw living and dare I say, wet form?

You can't find spirulina in it's wet form, only powdered unfortunately. But the powder is good, I drink it every day. Go search amazon.com for it, that's where I found the best prices. I got a pound of it for about 14 bucks I believe. Enough to fill up a big mason jar.

Glad you guys found out about Lara bars though :) It's got the simple sugars of dates along with the blood sugar regulating effects of spices (cinnamon, cloves) and the fat of nuts to keep you sustained. Either way if you don't your "desired amount of energy" off it, atleast it'll taste good :)

You can't find spirulina in it's wet form, only powdered unfortunately. But the powder is good, I drink it every day. Go search amazon.com for it, that's where I found the best prices. I got a pound of it for about 14 bucks I believe. Enough to fill up a big mason jar.

Glad you guys found out about Lara bars though :) It's got the simple sugars of dates along with the blood sugar regulating effects of spices (cinnamon, cloves) and the fat of nuts to keep you sustained. Either way if you don't your "desired amount of energy" off it, atleast it'll taste good :)

Dude, that chocolate/coconut and banana/walnut are DA BOMB!!!!!!! *~LOVE~* those Larabars!!!! They taste better than any "protein" bar on the market....higher in carbs no doubt, but I find if I have a sweet tooth, I can eat just half of one and the ole sweet tooth is satisfied. And boy...are they so much better for ya!!!!

You're right about being able to make it yourself, though.....I actually have MADE my own in the past. I would go to the food processor and dump in some raw and toasted nuts (mac nuts, almonds, walnuts), add some unprocessed coconut, add some cocoa powder, a small amount of honey or agave nectar (just a tiny bit), blend, and roll into balls....(if I needed to add a bit of wetness, I'd add some chocolate almond milk). Then, I'd take the balls and roll them into more coconut. Wah-lah! There ya go!!! Yummy!!!!

You're right about being able to make it yourself, though.....I actually have MADE my own in the past. I would go to the food processor and dump in some raw and toasted nuts (mac nuts, almonds, walnuts), add some unprocessed coconut, add some cocoa powder, a small amount of honey or agave nectar (just a tiny bit), blend, and roll into balls....(if I needed to add a bit of wetness, I'd add some chocolate almond milk). Then, I'd take the balls and roll them into more coconut. Wah-lah! There ya go!!! Yummy!!!!

sounds like a good idea. im gonna go try it, got some trail mix and coconut.

sounds like a good idea. im gonna go try it, got some trail mix and coconut.

Drea....you know what? You can add some mint extract or orange extract and orange rind and get some chocolate/mint or chocolate/orange balls. I have thought about that too and have never done it, but try it and let me know what you think, ok?

Drea....you know what? You can add some mint extract or orange extract and orange rind and get some chocolate/mint or chocolate/orange balls. I have thought about that too and have never done it, but try it and let me know what you think, ok?

sounds good mmmmm wonder if it will taste like a thin mint... the bars i made came out sort of funky and wet, I used too much honey would've been better with less. I used a trail mix made by a local up in the north country, it has many different varieties of dried fruit ( i think maybe ten) it has poppy seeds and sesame seed and flax seeds in it, has the consistency of a fine ground meal though (was looking for a use for it). Took that and put into a food processor with honey and coconut. flattened it out between a piece of folded tin foil, cut around the corners and sliced into bars to wrap individually and then put in the fridge. Just picked up a box of mejool dates, going to see what I can concoct with those.

sounds good mmmmm wonder if it will taste like a thin mint... the bars i made came out sort of funky and wet, I used too much honey would've been better with less. I used a trail mix made by a local up in the north country, it has many different varieties of dried fruit ( i think maybe ten) it has poppy seeds and sesame seed and flax seeds in it, has the consistency of a fine ground meal though (was looking for a use for it). Took that and put into a food processor with honey and coconut. flattened it out between a piece of folded tin foil, cut around the corners and sliced into bars to wrap individually and then put in the fridge. Just picked up a box of mejool dates, going to see what I can concoct with those.

aight dr. drea....keep us updated...but yeah, you don't need a lot of honey or whatever to hold the stuff together...just a tiny bit. I think I'm gonna make some chocolate mint thingies...