Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Esyla0091

MY FINGERS HURT!

The BP is literally eating away at my finger tips. I feel like i could commit a crime and get away with it because my finger prints are nearly gone. i like the regimen, i think its working and don't want to quit now, but can i apply the BP with a tissue or a q-tip instead of my finger?

no idea what u mean.

ive been applying bp with the same finger since last November and my fingers are fine..

The BP is literally eating away at my finger tips. I feel like i could commit a crime and get away with it because my finger prints are nearly gone. i like the regimen, i think its working and don't want to quit now, but can i apply the BP with a tissue or a q-tip instead of my finger?

Do you rinse your hands hands thoroughly after BP application? I'm thinking it's either that you're not rinsing the BP off them, or you're washing too vigorously and the skin is reacting. Also, is there anything else that you're doing that could be contibuting? (Like excessive daily dish-washing in hot water, for instance -- I know that gets to my skin...)

In any case, paper products will likely irritate your skin, and possibly aggravate acne. I would suggest trying to apply it with a glove -- non-latex ones if you can find them, since latex might irritate the skin. Pull the glove taut against your fingers (toward the wrist of the gloved hand) with one hand, while you apply with the gloved hand, so that the glove doesn't bunch up around your fingers. This way, you maintain control of the application. Know what I mean? Then either rinse & dry the glove thoroughly before you apply the moisturizer, or start with a fresh glove.

I'd try this for a couple of weeks at least to see if the BP is the culprit, or if it could be something else you're doing in your life, unrelated to the CSR.

And always keep your hands moisturized -- even though they're not acne-prone, they deserve good skin care too! :D

hmmm my fingertips peel also, but I am pretty sure thats not from Dan's BP, it could be an allergic reaction. I don't remember when my fingertips started to peel, but I am pretty sure it was before I started the regimen. If you are paranoid, use a cotton pad to apply the gel.

Well now you're backs gonna hurt, cuz you just pulled landscaping duty. Hmm.... anyone else's fingers hurt? ... Didn't think so.

(sorry if you've never seen that movie)

HAHAHA, YES! somebody knew billy madison!

..but my fingers still hurt! :mad:

Guest Michael Jackson

What the hell? I have been on since September and my finger are fine.

The bp you use may also contain acid in its inactive ingredients. It's time to change it. :(

It's happening to me too! But I'm sticking with the CSR...let my finger fall off LOL- want clear skin. (kidding)

Anyway, I was going to start putting shea butter on it and see how that goes.. I also am switching the fingers I use to see if that helps. I think its happening because I'm washing my hands much more often than before - makes them more sensitve to the BP.

To second the glove idea, at the drug store they sell these finger covers make out of glove materials. They look like tiny condoms, I swear. :lol: So you could try that.

It's happening to me too! But I'm sticking with the CSR...let my finger fall off LOL- want clear skin. (kidding)

Anyway, I was going to start putting shea butter on it and see how that goes.. I also am switching the fingers I use to see if that helps. I think its happening because I'm washing my hands much more often than before - makes them more sensitve to the BP.

To second the glove idea, at the drug store they sell these finger covers make out of glove materials. They look like tiny condoms, I swear. :lol: So you could try that.

Wtf 2 times?

Wtf 2 times?

Wtf 2 times?

Wtf 2 times?

No idea why that happened. :redface:

Anyway, I put "Bag Balm" on my finger and it's getting better, so that seems to be a good solution.