Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

Which is the best topical retinoid and which have worked for you?

Ive been using differin for a few weeks now, im not quiet sure if it is working or not but I was wondering which retinoids have you guys used and which of them worked the best ?

Give it some time. I think its something like 6-8 weeks. I have tried nearly all the topical retinoids and for me, by far, Retin A Micro has been the best. It kept my skin somewhat under control and helped to smooth out my scars.

Everyone is different. Its a matter of experimentation and time, unfortunately.

HTH

K

I'm on tazorac right now, my skin is red and peeling, but I heard you have to stick with it... it'sgoing to be worth it

The differin cream i am currently using seems to be too weak for me, although i have sensitive skin :S

ALSO DIFFERIN GAVE ME TWO CYSTS!!! I NEVER EVER HAD CYSTS IN MY LIFE!! UGHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using RAM .04%. Two weeks on it and my skin is a little dry but my face is 90% clear.

I used RAM 0.1% on my bacne and that nixed it for good. Had to use the drug for about six months, but it killed it and I haven't had a relapse in four years.

differin was ok, it improved me a little, but not much.

only been on taz for a week now, and to tell you the truth, my skin has looked the best it has all year long.

I was wondering...can you use differin gel and then differin cream at the same time (alternating days)?

To be perfectly honest, differin didn't do shit for my skin. I'd say you're probably fine... it won't make much difference, it's the same active ingredient, just a different dlivery system. If they're the same concentrations it doesn't matter at all.

hey, i been on differin for 4 weeks and its got most of my black heads gone.....im talkin about alot..on my cheeks and nose

differin was ok, it improved me a little, but not much.

only been on taz for a week now, and to tell you the truth, my skin has looked the best it has all year long.

awesome!

ive heard that tazorac is pretty good too...should i ask for that if differin doesnt help me??

i have sensitive skin btw

Retin-A Micro 0.1% worked very well for me. Brand name Retin-A 0.25% and 0.5% were great too. Generics just irritated my skin.

Differin did nothing.