Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest nec77

What order should I apply all this crap to my face?

Guest nec77

These are the products im using

Glycolic facial cleanser

Vitamin C serum (needs to be applied 2x a day)

Apple Cider Vinegar (needs to be applied 2x a day)

Cocoa butter swivel stick

Differin

I was thinking

Morning:

1. Glycolic facial cleanser

2. Vitamin C serum - wait till it dries

3. ACV

afternoon

1. Vitamin C serum

2. ACV

3. Cocoa butter

night:

1. facial cleanser

2. differin

This way makes more sense to me:

Morning:

Glycolic Acid Wash

Apple Cider Vinegar (think of it like a toner)

Vitamin C Serum

Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick

Evening:

Glcolic Acid Wash

Apple Cider Vinegar (again, treat it like a toner)

Differin

Vitamin C Serum

Applying products in the middle of the day without cleansing your face doesn't sound like the best course of action because you would just be layering them on over your morning products- not to mention the dead skin cells and excess sebum that would have accumulated on your face since morning. All that would increase your chance of clogged pores.

I can't figure out why you would need a Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick in addition to a Vitamin C Serum. Isn't one treatment enough? I would ditch the swivel stick because it sounds like something that contains pore-clogging waxy thickeners; the Vitamin C Serum sounds like something lightly moisturizing and would probably do more to improve your skin's clarity. You would be better benefiting your skin by putting the money from the swivel stick into a good, broad spectrum sunscreen.

I really don't think the majority of these products are best way to treat acne and the redness left behind, but to each his own.

Guest nec77

the vitamin c serum + glycolic wash work but its way too slow. i asked about the differin and vitamin c serum at night and the derm told me to apply the vit. c in afternoon and differin at night.

i just want to speed up the process, im not sure what else i should do. my acne is nearly gone, i got 2 atm. the red marks are killer, i've had them for 4 years!

the cocoa stick contains vitamin e. i've already tested it on my face a few times and it hasnt broken me out. i heard it helps thats why i thought i would try it.

i bought some AHA lotion for my back, should I apply that to my face as well? it seems that different products help people so i figured i would try them all lol. im open to more product suggestions.