Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris_284

Has anyone ever needed to use more than the full finger?

Ok, I'm 10 days into the regimen now, and I'm up to using a full finger[forehead excluded]. I just feel i need it. My redness pretty much subsided around day 7, i no longer get a burning feeling either after applying moisturizer. I feel as though I need to use this much at this time.

Maybe my skin is advancing at a quicker rate in terms of getting accustomed to the bp I put on it.

Anyway... has anyone ever needed more than the full finger?

I know a few people have done the regimen... and have gotten pretty far into it(3+ month) but just didn't see the results to be expected. So I'm wondering this... Brandy or Dan... or anyone who knows...

Are there any type of skin that may require the use of more than a 'full fat finger' of BP?

I use 5% BP and more than full finger (I guess), but you should give your face some time to get used to BP.. 10 days is just a start.

The way I do regimen.

Start with everything as described. Give some time for regimen to work. Then you can start changing (carefully). After any changes wait some time (days, weeks..) then judge results and decide, whether to keep the 'new regimen'...

Possible, you might have small hands or a humongous head but your skin can only absorb so much. Over saturating is just wasting BP.

Are there any type of skin that may require the use of more than a 'full fat finger' of BP?

I would guess someone with widespread moderate inflammatory acne might need to use more than the recommended amount to keep clear, but only up to a point. If you use too much BP, some of it won't absorb and might look streaky, even with a gel.