Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those perscribed Cephalexin (Keflex) at any point, how long did it take for real results to appear? I know with all acne meds we have to be patient, but antibiotics are so hit or miss. I have been perscribed a 5 month course of 500 mgs (3 pills a day) - - I'm in the second week. My skin DOES look better, but it's not perfect.

I guess I just want to hear there is some light at the end of the tunnel!!! I know some people (shmelis, and sorry if I spelt that wrong) has huge cysts from it - - I do think I got an IB from it (my skin worsened the first few days).

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but have some pity and tell me again :)

Have a great day.

Yeah, I'm not 100% positive that the Keflex gave me the cysts, I think it was a combination of the Keflex and abnormal eating habits during the week I was taking it (I had oral surgery and had zero appetite, a lot of pain, and difficulty eating.) I think the Keflex played a role though. One of the cysts left relatively quickly, but one of them is still huge and will probably be there for a while.

Keflex is a very strong broad-spectrum antibiotic. I know LabGirl has had trouble with it too. But for your sake I hope our experiences are not representative of the results!

Cephalexin is the best antibiotic I've been on for acne. before ceph my face was really broken out with cysts and everything. I went to the derm, she injected those. and switched me to ceph but kept the same topicals and for 3 weeks after that i did not get a single pimple. NONE, not even a small one. now I get a few small pimples here and there but no more cysts, my skin is alot clearer since starting ceph.

I think I need a less stressful job... The cephalexin is working amazingly, but I still have some active pimples that are hard to get under control... It's been two weeks - - I am hoping by the end of the month it may be clear... *fingers crossed*!

it seems to be working as of now ... fingers crossed ... I'm on week 3. the derm just gave me some Duac gel (new derm, BTW) - - I'm debating using it. Why mess with a good thing???