Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Snow_Queen

Makeup Trick That Works for Me-

Hello everyone. Thanks to a great skin care regimen, I've pretty well stopped breaking out with inflammatory acne. However, now that the acne's gone, I've begun to develop (or just notice) rosacea and am currently undergoing V-Beam treatments. Although the symptoms of my rosacea are mostly just flareups and broken capillaries, I do get small bumps around my nose (the bumps are completely different from the acne I used to get, but annoying regardless) that last for a day or two before dying down. These bumps, though small, are very visibly irritated and do need to be concealed. I find that I can hide most of it using my concealer and foundation, but the redness and bumps are still faintly visible.

Anyway, several days ago I was playing with my makeup, observing how wearing white eyeshadow made my eye area look healthier. Out of curiosity, I used my eyeshadow brush to apply white eyeshadow over these bumps and redness and, after smoothing over the area with my powder brush, was amazed at how much better they looked. The leftover redness that the makeup I was wearing underneath failed to hide was dulled and even the bumps themselves looked smaller!

The trick does NOT work, however, unless I have already applied concealer and/or foundation over the redness and bumps first. The white eyeshadow seems to complement the effects of concealer and foundation, but does not replace them.

What I want to know is if this trick works for anyone else. I have very fair skin with golden undertones, so I understand that using white eyeshadow might not look natural on those with darker skin tones. If those of you with darker skin tones find that's the case, would you mind trying a light brown or medium brown eyeshadow instead and letting me know how it works? Thanks.

One last thing- The eyeshadow I used was MATTE and in powder form. I don't think the trick will work with shimmery eyeshadows, which might actually highlight the area instead. I don't know how well a cream or liquid eyeshadow would work, but I think those types would be too thick. Besides, they're almost always shimmery.

I use a white or very light eyeshadow on the corners of my eyes and it too really opens them up. I just dab a little bit in each corner and blend with my finger.

Thanks for the replies, I'll definately check out those tricks, but has anyone actually tried applying white eyeshadow over bumpy areas of redness as mentioned in my first post?

is there any "whiteness" visible in sunlight? Would you only apply this over very red areas? I can't imagine using white eyeshadow over concealer??

I don't own any matte white (or light tan) eyeshadow right now, so I'll have to wait to try it. I use a shimmery white for hi-lighting brow area and tear duct areas.

Neat idea. I've only ever used the green powder for redness.

is there any "whiteness" visible in sunlight? Would you only apply this over very red areas? I can't imagine using white eyeshadow over concealer??

I don't own any matte white (or light tan) eyeshadow right now, so I'll have to wait to try it. I use a shimmery white for hi-lighting brow area and tear duct areas.

Neat idea. I've only ever used the green powder for redness.

On me, no; there's no whiteness visible under any type of lighting I've checked, but I have very fair skin, which was why I was curious as to whether or not it worked for everyone or only those with fair skin (or just me?). Other than around my eyes, I've only been applying it to visibly red or visibly bumpy red areas of skin.

Green color correctors work like any concealer on me, I haven't tried green powder, but green eyeshadow is much too obvious.

I think Jane makes a matte white eyeshadow. I know Physicians Formula does, but it's included in a set of nudes.