Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thecomputer

Retin-A Success rate....

My derm told me that he doubts Retin-A will help all that much with the scarring, but gave me some nonetheless.

What is the success rate on this forum? Anyone with any good stories to post about it (negative or positive)? The cream makes me really itchy and leaves a bad smell, so I really only want to take it if there's any people that have had success with it.

Me too. got retin-a but she didn't think it would help much.... I don't think retin-a is concidered a scar-treatment. It may improve the skin a little. I don't think "success rate" is a good term here... Its a good acne medication, a little bit more, but not much

if you go on their website, or ask the company about scarring they will say--thats not an intended use for retin a micro. Retin a micro is reduces breakouts from acne.

My derm told me that he doubts Retin-A will help all that much with the scarring, but gave me some nonetheless.

What is the success rate on this forum? Anyone with any good stories to post about it (negative or positive)? The cream makes me really itchy and leaves a bad smell, so I really only want to take it if there's any people that have had success with it.

Retin-A helps with my breakout and blemish marks. I have not seen any effect for my crater type scars.

ahhhh RETIN-A... NO!

i used that. in combination with hydroquoine. it made my skin SUPER sensitive and oily... every time i do some physical activity my face turns into a cherry... so not worth it

yeah it helps fade the marks but with these side effects its not worth it. i regret using it. now i have to wait for many more months for my skin to heal back to normal

I've heard that low strength (I have .025) used as a spot treatment works well on scarring. The Retin A in question here is a gel, not a cream.

I have only two scars, and I've noticed a slight improvement after a few weeks. Supposedly it takes nine weeks for a really good effect.

Oh, and I have heard to use a THIN amount. Don't glob it on like you would Aloe Vera.

All this advice comes from a registered nurse, who has no visible effects of what used to be scars. She was able to fade hers in a few months using this stuff in the 1970s and wrote me the exact same prescription.