Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ana86

Just when I was having a good day ...

Here's what happened today. I had to go downtown to do some shopping and I got ready, put my makeup on and realised my face actually didn't look too bad today. So anyways I left and took the bus to get downtown. As I was standing in the bus, thinking how hot it was and I wanted to get off and get some air, a lady stepped up to me and said: "Hello. I see you're having some problems.". At this point I was looking at her like: "Say what?". She gave me a flyer and said that she could help me with "my problems" and just give her a call. I said: "Ok, thanks", though I was actually thinking "Yeah whatever." After I got off the bus I had a look at the flyer and it said: "Do you have acne? Want to get rid of imperfections? bla bla - the list went on; 100% natural products; call us bla bla". I was like: "Not one of those things again."

Anyways, the thing that bothered me was the way that lady talked to me. I mean being around those people in the bus, and me being the only one she went to and saying those things about me having problems just made me feel so embarassed. Luckily I was getting off at the following station anyway so I didn't have to put up with this for so long, though the minute from when she went back to her seat and the moment the bus was in the station just seemed so long. It just made me feel so down, just when I was having a good day.

Luckily though, I accidentally met one of my best friends a bit later and we talked for like 15 minutes and that made feel better. But still, I won't forget that moment in the bus. Why did she have to see me in the first place? :wall:

The sad thing is, I bet she thinks she's helping people. ._.

Someone should enlighten her..

I'm sure that your face is good...the lady was probably just going up to everyone in a certain age group knowing that even if they have one or two zits they will be bothered by it because of the way society is today. So I would try and not let that ruin things for you (I know its hard) but you have to think she was marketing, trying to make a sale, she probably would've said that to anybody.

I'm sure that your face is good...the lady was probably just going up to everyone in a certain age group knowing that even if they have one or two zits they will be bothered by it because of the way society is today. So I would try and not let that ruin things for you (I know its hard) but you have to think she was marketing, trying to make a sale, she probably would've said that to anybody.

I don't know about that. I mean there were other people in my age group around me and I was the only one she talked to. That's what bothered me. And the way she talked to me.

And my face isn't that good. I've had acne for almost 8 years and it's still there. I know people notice it but at least they shouldn't say anything. Or at least not say it like that. If she wants to help people she shouldn't go on talking like that. It just makes you feel bad and more conscious about your acne and how people see it.

That is very true that people shoudln't be insensitive like that..I suppose they are just ignorant to how it feels to have acne. Even though she probably thought she was trying to be helpful she really should've minded her own business...but again I guess she was just trying to push her products. It's really sad that people do that and I'm sorry it happened to you. But if you were starting to feel better about yourself don't let this ruin it! I mean sometimes I think part of my face looks good for me...to a normal person it would probably look bad but for me its a big improvement. Just try and concentrate on that. Regardless of what other people think, if you are making progress then you should be happy. I hope you feel better soon.

That is very true that people shoudln't be insensitive like that..I suppose they are just ignorant to how it feels to have acne. Even though she probably thought she was trying to be helpful she really should've minded her own business...but again I guess she was just trying to push her products. It's really sad that people do that and I'm sorry it happened to you. But if you were starting to feel better about yourself don't let this ruin it! I mean sometimes I think part of my face looks good for me...to a normal person it would probably look bad but for me its a big improvement. Just try and concentrate on that. Regardless of what other people think, if you are making progress then you should be happy. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the good words. :)

I'm actually feeling better now, trying to put it all behind. After all, it's not the first time I've found out that people know my face doesn't look good. It's just that it affects me one way or another, no matter if she was trying to help or not. But oh well, some people really have to say those things right to your face... I try not to be affected by what they say and just move on, cause what's important is to keep my head up and do anything I can to get rid of my acne.