Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a few days ago, when i was having a bad breakout, my dear friend starts going on about how she has 'acne vulgaris' and how the spots have destroyed her look for the week..and I look at her face and there are like only 2 (yes I repeat 2) small spots on her flawless face and in my mind ..im like what the ****..i would kiss Dennis Rodman to have skin like yours! but being the friend i play along and i tell her no..she's fine, make up will cover it up bla bla bla..i felt that it was just so damn insensitive for her to make that comment..how does it make me feel about my skin? and what does she honestly think of my skin?

and i feel that a few people on this site are like this as well...they have nil spots on their pics and then they go on about how their skin is shit! its not!!! its all in your mind and before you start putting yourself down, think of others who actually do have bad skin and how what you write affects their attitudes towards their skin..Im not saying dont use the site but just be more considerate...

oh..and another thing dont you just hate it when people try and tell you 'there is nothing wrong with your skin' when you know its so untrue..to me it just comes out as being patronising. Personally, I would rather you said nothing at all or told me the truth constructively (it importantly has to be constructive!) than lie point blank to my face...dont know what others think but it would be interesting to know..

Pix lie too. When i had a post tane gallery, my pix showed much better results than I really got. But yeah I know what you mean, I hate when I see kids complain, man i have such bad acne! I was on the Ferry one morning, Im standing there in the bathroom washing my hands, I obviously couldn't help but notice my bad face, meanwhile the guy next to me, some lunatic with gelled hair trying to look nice, hes lookin in the miror next to me, he had perfect skin, he maybe saw one pencil size dot, It honestly had to be that small cause I couldn't see anything on his face, but he must of saw one little spec, and he starts yelling "FUCK!!FUCK!!" he then kicked the sink, he turns the water on and starts scrubbing his face visciously to get it off, he dries his face, and I guess he still sees it there so he starts yelling "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!" and he keeps kicking the sink and then he slams his book bag on the floor. i was aboutta go up to him and say listen look at my face if you wanna be alil cry baby over 1 little spec.

I definitely agree with you that it's annoying when friends and family complain over a tiny dot on their face. It's really embarassing because you think to yourself if they react that badly to a miniscule spot on their face, what must they think of your acne :(

I think that alot of people do this though, not just with acne but with other problems. I know that I once complained to one of my larger friends about how I hate the size of my stomach, and thinking back she must of felt really bad about herself.

Try not to take it personally and keep reminding yourself that they wouldn't want you to be upset by their comments. :D

ya its super insensitive.i really hate that.and i have good friends who do that.and it sucks.everytime they complain,i cant do anything and will just keep silent.wth.what advice can i give them when i have a face full of scars and acne.and it sucks.i mean wth,they only got like a few pimples which will go awae in a few days for them but i gonna have crap,and had crap for years and years to come!

No offtence but doens't your post kind of contradict itself? Your saying that you hate people who in their eyes feel they have bad skin and you say they don't. Yet you hate it when people say you have good skin? and you think it's pratronizing.

some people are silly.

But it still can be hard for them, maybe they are really perfectionistic.

Well if they never had acne before, I think anyone would freak out dont u think?

I mean people who have severe acne now...dont you think they probably obsessed over a few pimples at first?

some people are silly.

Well if they never had acne before, I think anyone would freak out dont u think?

I mean people who have severe acne now...dont you think they probably obsessed over a few pimples at first?

I'm sorry but I really don't understand your post.

I'm saying that IF (I don't know cause I don't know the girl) but if she was perfectionistic by any chance, then 2 pimples on her face could be a huge deal. I think it's silly, but I can still understand.

some people are silly.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand your post.

I'm saying that IF (I don't know cause I don't know the girl) but if she was perfectionistic by any chance, then 2 pimples on her face could be a huge deal. I think it's silly, but I can still understand.

I think I can understand where your friend is coming from. She doesn't have severe acne like she says if it's only like...two zits. However, I freak out when my face goes from clear, to having one zit, because in my mind, one zit will lead to MORE zits. Everyone deals with the condition of their skin in different ways.

As for the pictures, flash hides a LOT of flaws. I airbrush my pics, but sometimes the flash hides my ice pick scars.

I do however dislike it when people tell me my face is fine, when there are obviously hundreds of scarred pores on my cheeks and nose.

-Sarah

Your friend is just doing that on purpose because she KNOWS you have worse skin. Trust me.. your friend is a bitch.

I think people are either 1) trying to comfort you by telling you there's nothing wrong or 2) attempting a very misguided attempt at trying to connect with you. Either way, there's better ways for your friend do that. Maybe talk to her about it? Have a good "I feel" conversation?

a few days ago, when i was having a bad breakout, my dear friend starts going on about how she has 'acne vulgaris' and how the spots have destroyed her look for the week..and I look at her face and there are like only 2 (yes I repeat 2) small spots on her flawless face and in my mind ..im like what the ****..i would kiss Dennis Rodman to have skin like yours! but being the friend i play along and i tell her no..she's fine, make up will cover it up bla bla bla..i felt that it was just so damn insensitive for her to make that comment..how does it make me feel about my skin? and what does she honestly think of my skin?

and i feel that a few people on this site are like this as well...they have nil spots on their pics and then they go on about how their skin is shit! its not!!! its all in your mind and before you start putting yourself down, think of others who actually do have bad skin and how what you write affects their attitudes towards their skin..Im not saying dont use the site but just be more considerate...

oh..and another thing dont you just hate it when people try and tell you 'there is nothing wrong with your skin' when you know its so untrue..to me it just comes out as being patronising. Personally, I would rather you said nothing at all or told me the truth constructively (it importantly has to be constructive!) than lie point blank to my face...dont know what others think but it would be interesting to know..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108074

Your friend is just doing that on purpose because she KNOWS you have worse skin. Trust me.. your friend is a bitch.

I agree shes a bitch!

I think what causes people who have 2 spots to freak out is the same thing that causes us with more severe acne to freak out. . . Because the bad thing about acne is that it comes and goes.

There's no rest, no stability, no predicting. For them, and for us. Most of us have become resilient, learning to deal with a larger amount of acne on our skin than most. . . and then it sucks when we break out even worse. We're tougher than those sad people who flip over 2 zits. But its the same emotion of not being in control.

It's like that water torture where you're strapped down and drops of water land on your forehead. But you don't know exactly when. It's random, yet persistently there.

And it drives you crazy.

oh..and another thing dont you just hate it when people try and tell you 'there is nothing wrong with your skin' when you know its so untrue..

Yes! If I bring my skin up with my mom, she'll say, "Oh, I haven't noticed you breaking out lately!" and I'm like yeah, cause I'm a master of concealing makeup! Also I think the more you see a person every day, the less you notice their flaws.

No offtence but doens't your post kind of contradict itself? Your saying that you hate people who in their eyes feel they have bad skin and you say they don't. Yet you hate it when people say you have good skin? and you think it's pratronizing.

none taken.

i dont think its contradictory. some people have really good skin and they know it but they go on like they dont..and i feel alot of it is just for the effect - like a bit of a drama rather than them actually believing they have crap skin (I know a few drama queens who do this). it is not a reality for them yet they make it out like it is without thinking about its impact on others. i understand that someone might have had acne before and gets freaked out by new spots but i think that this doesnt mean that they shouldnt be considerate with the words they use when speaking to others who are struggling with acne or anything else that they know the person is particularly sensitive about..(by the way, my friend has really really good skin and she knows how i feel about my spots - she is not a bitch though..she could have just been a bit more sensitive at that time)

this is completely different from people telling you you have good skin when you dont..its like someone telling a 21 stone, 5'4" person that they are not fat....hello!!!! like the affected person would be so so stupid and not see what is blatantly obvious...