Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laith

antibiotics for body acne?

have you ever tried antibiotics specifically for body acne? please share your experience.

i was given the chance to do accutane, but after researching it...i just dont want to risk being one of the few who regrets it. my body acne isnt bad...not big one..just very small red bumps on my back and arms. but there are alot.

what antibiotic is the best? thanks.

I was on antibiotics for a while in high school - either tetracycline or doxycycline, I can't remember. It did clear up my body acne as well as my face.

Antibiotics do have side effects so look into that - certainly if you have had problems with any other antibiotics you've taken for other reasons. I think that the main problem with antibiotics is that the acne comes back when you stop the antibiotic - and no one wants to be on antibiotics all their life.

i started on doxycycline nine months ago when i had moderate-severe acne on my face...it has cleared that up amazingly

and i had never had any body acne up until my facial skin started to become very clear (weird huh?) and then suddenly my chest and back began breaking out and it was awful to deal with...although i do feel blessed that it is winter now and my back is never exposed *phew*

so in short, doxycycline has done absolutely nothing for my body acne but has been really wonderful in clearing the acne on my face

One of the primary side effects of antibiotic use, especially oral, is that you also kill all the good bacteria in your gut along with the bad. Either eat a lot of yogurt with active cultures or include a probiotic in your diet. I take probiotics almost every day. I also eat a little yogurt every day.

That being said, antibiotics are far over used in Western civilization. There are a lot of beneficial bacteria in our bodies, and antibiotics don't discriminate when they do their work.

i am using doxycycline now. i do like it. but its consistant. you must always remember to take it. or the next day your not going to see what you wanna see. id reccomend it for people with mild to moderate acne. make sure you take the medicine with food too or else pretty bad stomach cramps. and also. doxycycline cleared up my chest and back acne much better than my face. but i did see improvement in most areas.

good luck =]

My doctor prescribed me minocycline 100mg and it only cleared my face which wasn't even bad at all. I think my back acne actually got worse from it.

I hated doxycycline. It didn't really clear up my acne,maybe I didn't give it enough time, but it was really harsh on my stomach. I had stomach aches constantly while I was on it. cephelexin has been the most effective antibiotic for me, but I use it for facial acne, i'm not sure how it would work for body acne.

I was on doxy up till last week. I was only given 1 course though?

Have been to busy to go back for another course..

It cleared up my bacne although it is returning now that I am off it (as expected I guess).

It was a lil harsh on the tum though at times. Make sure you have it after food always.

if u are on a regimen like the head and shoulders one and take an antibiotic like doxycycline for about 6 months and then stop will your acne come back or will it stay under control because your on the head and shoulder regimen?

im on minocycline, just started this tuesday will place images week 2 week in my gallery to see the diference, i have tried all the other name products in the market like proactiv and none have worked

im going to try to get to a derm for body acne. i dont know what they will prescribe for me--mine isnt really bad but bad enough for me to always cover up. :(