Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I've been using the CSR for about 17 days now and have seen dramatic results. I no longer have what I would call active pimples. I have about 10 active whiteheads, but they are very tiny and concentrated right around my jawline. I think they were stubborn clogged pores/blackheads that have finally come to the surface.

At the beginning of week 2, I had quite a bad breakout again that caused me to have a lot more red marks on my face than I had before. As you can see in the attached pictures, they are across my cheeks.

I am considering a couple different avenues for removing my red marks starting in about a week, and I would like to get everyone's opinion. My main two ideas are to either try the apple cider vinegar or a really good AHA.

Thanks for your input!!

post-43879-1154670949_thumb.jpg

post-43879-1154670956_thumb.jpg

post-43879-1154670949_thumb.jpg

post-43879-1154670956_thumb.jpg

by this stage you should definately consider a moisturiser with AHA's in for your redmarks.

you can replace your existing moisturiser with one with AHA's in at this point and not really worry about the initial redness.

however

i suggest starting the AHA moisturising at NIGHT only at the start

as it wil sting on the onset and might cause skin to look a bit red

let your skin get used to AHA's at night.

then once the stinging doesnt occur anymore.

use it day and night as your replacement moisturiser :D

You might want to give Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion a try but use it only at night (AHA+BP+sun=bad).

Also, your skin looks a little dry. Have you considered changing the Purpose Bar to a liquid cleanser?

You might want to give Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion a try but use it only at night (AHA+BP+sun=bad).

Also, your skin looks a little dry. Have you considered changing the Purpose Bar to a liquid cleanser?

I actually hadn't considered that. You think that will help with the dryness?

Thanks Damian for the input as well. I think I will go buy some AHA lotion today :)

I actually hadn't considered that. You think that will help with the dryness?

Thanks Damian for the input as well. I think I will go buy some AHA lotion today :)

Yeah, the Purpose Bar really dries me out.