Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THETRUTHTOACNE

AVOID ALL DETOX AND ACNE DETOX DIETS

AVOID ALL DETOX AND ACNE DETOX DIETS.

About a year ago before I knew to much about health I came across a website claiming I could cure acne by doing a 6 day fruit and veggie diet along wth a little bit of cottage cheese, wheat bread and butter. I was so excited I immediately went to the store and bought all the ingriedients. The diet consisted of making a vegetable broth and drinking it every morning as well as lemon water. The rest of the diet was all fruits and veggies and 1 small serving of cottage cheese, bread and butter daily. The diet did appear to be working I didnt get any new acne and my skin started to clear however I had other horrid symptoms. For some unknown reason my heart started beating irregular, i had low blood sugar and my eyes were hurting, i had allergies fo first time in my life and on top of all that i went outside to cut the grass following the 6 day diet and after i was finished my throat swelled up and my heart was beating 1000 miles per hour and i was trmebling like crazy. Not to mention a week later my acne came back 100 times worst. Please dont even do any detox diets they are unsafe and can harm u. TO cure and or controll acne u dont need any crazy detox methods that is all BS. When u eat healthy the body slowly detoxes itself in a safe natural manner. I dont reccomend doing nay liver flush or any of that crazy ish without the help of a natural doctor. Also be careful with certain foods and suppliments eveb if they are natural. Everyone is different and one manes food can be another mans posion. Listen to ur body and let it report back to u if something if good for u or not. No matter what I or anyone else tells u is healthy or rigth for u, no one knows for sure except for u when u try it.

The body and or the liver dosnt store toxins it stores vitamins. One of the reasons u have acne is because ur body wont store toxins so when its completely full of toxins it uses ur skin the last organ of elimination to elimiate it. The only time to detox is if u have mercury toxicy or lead posining.

You're really gonna get flamed for this................ I'll keep my mouth shut for now, but just a heads up.

About a year ago before I knew to much about health I came across a website claiming I could cure acne by doing a 6 day fruit and veggie diet along wth a little bit of cottage cheese, wheat bread and butter. I was so excited I immediately went to the store and bought all the ingriedients. The diet consisted of making a vegetable broth and drinking it every morning as well as lemon water. The rest of the diet was all fruits and veggies and 1 small serving of cottage cheese, bread and butter daily. The diet did appear to be working I didnt get any new acne and my skin started to clear however I had other horrid symptoms. For some unknown reason my heart started beating irregular, i had low blood sugar and my eyes were hurting, i had allergies fo first time in my life and on top of all that i went outside to cut the grass following the 6 day diet and after i was finished my throat swelled up and my heart was beating 1000 miles per hour and i was trmebling like crazy. Not to mention a week later my acne came back 100 times worst. Please dont even do any detox diets they are unsafe and can harm u. TO cure and or controll acne u dont need any crazy detox methods that is all BS. When u eat healthy the body slowly detoxes itself in a safe natural manner. I dont reccomend doing nay liver flush or any of that crazy ish without the help of a natural doctor. Also be careful with certain foods and suppliments eveb if they are natural. Everyone is different and one manes food can be another mans posion. Listen to ur body and let it report back to u if something if good for u or not. No matter what I or anyone else tells u is healthy or rigth for u, no one knows for sure except for u when u try it.

The body and or the liver dosnt store toxins it stores vitamins. One of the reasons u have acne is because ur body wont store toxins so when its completely full of toxins it uses ur skin the last organ of elimination to elimiate it. The only time to detox is if u have mercury toxicy or lead posining.

I am on a veggie diet right now coz I heard that sugar can cause acne. I have been dieting for 4 days now. I havent eatin any meat or dairy products all veggies and I munch 2 gloves of garlic everyday. Is this ok I mean am I killing my self? Coz I know alot of vegetarians and they seem healthy to me..

I never said veggie diets were unsafe all Im saying is listen to your body. Mr for example im a protein type so if i dont have meat and i replace it with other foods it throws my body out of hemostatis or balance. Some people do well on a vegan diet although based on quality research ive done everyone needs some kinda animal protein even if its just a lot of eggs.

Dont do any crazy detox diets that limits calories or only aloows certain foods thats all im saying.

Rubber Sheep hold me back man, HOOOOOLD ME BACK!

Let me at im'!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to create a bulleted list pointing out the inconsistencies and half truths in that long azz paragraph, but I won't, because I'm betting I don't need to.

Ah yes, Sensationalism and attention whoring at it's best. Welcome to Acne.org.

About a year ago before I knew to much about health I came across a website claiming I could cure acne by doing a 6 day fruit and veggie diet along wth a little bit of cottage cheese, wheat bread and butter. I was so excited I immediately went to the store and bought all the ingriedients. The diet consisted of making a vegetable broth and drinking it every morning as well as lemon water. The rest of the diet was all fruits and veggies and 1 small serving of cottage cheese, bread and butter daily. The diet did appear to be working I didnt get any new acne and my skin started to clear however I had other horrid symptoms. For some unknown reason my heart started beating irregular, i had low blood sugar and my eyes were hurting, i had allergies fo first time in my life and on top of all that i went outside to cut the grass following the 6 day diet and after i was finished my throat swelled up and my heart was beating 1000 miles per hour and i was trmebling like crazy.

How do you explain these symptoms?

They sound like hypoglemia but how can you be hypoglicemic while consuming fruits and bread?

One could claim that they are symptoms of nutrients deficiency but the point is that 6 days are not enough to deplet your body of nutrients. Amino acids are "stored" in the amino acid pool up for 12 days and before even burning muscles the body has connective tissues and pathological tissues to burn

In other words the body is riclycing its protein, not to mention that there's ample protein in veggies, cottage cheese and bread anyway

They are not even purine or carnitine deficencies as it takes the body 25 days to deplet them

Vitamin B12 deficiency from not eating animal foods? Impossible, it takes years to manifest

If 6 days were enough to put our body about of homeostasis we would be extinct by now ... fortunately we can safely fast on water for weeks which is how we survived when moving from a place to another, periods of food scarcity or during diseases. Animal for example fast when they are sick until they don't feel better

The reason is that it's well known that digestion uses up most of the body ATP and produces 80% of all free radicals.

Even carnivores can stay weel without touching meat or just eating very ripe fruit without compromising their health or sending their body out of balance overnight

Yes toxins is a strange word that sounds like mumbo-jumbo terms but it usually refers to oxidized compound retented by the body like ammines, ammonia, cresolsm, skatoles, auric acid, nitrosamines, acligones and pathological tissues. Detoxification, yes it sounds mumbo-jumbo, practically refers to the process of conserving energy and alting the production of free-radicals caused by digestion, getting rid of metabolic wastes by increased excretory functions (due to the fact that oxidization inducing metabolic wasted are reduced), autolyzing pathological tissues (yes, like tumors that the body breaks down during the autolysis process) providing the body with concentrated easy to digest resources of mineral, vitamins, phytos and antioxidants. The misconception about the power of "detox diets" is that people ignore what kind of effort digestion is for the body, being the first cause of body degeneration through aging, the first cause of free-radicals production and the first cause of reduced energy and coronary blood flow

Tell me I didnt just read that ^

Tbh you down fall was not researching detoxing enough...u do realise you can poisen ur self if u dont detox correctly!

(I will give you credit that changing diet will detox it at a much slower rate and sysmptoms will be reduced! I went 9+ days without eating solid on my first 'proper' detox (that detox you outline was crap) and when done right u wont get any problems and this detox was after a 19 year diet of utter shite and a salad a year was a ritual)

BY THE WAY...to your (dis)credit TRUTHTOACNE, there has been threads like this before which basically prove otherwise to what you wrote.