Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK. Pros and cons of acne. I'll start. Feel free to add and comment.

CONS:

*Poor self image

*Lack of self esteem

*Dread looking in the mirror

*More reclusive

*Lack of social life

*Feeling sad, ignored, laughed at, defective, ugly, different

PROS:

Acne is horrible but, there are some small pros. Of course, not worth the cost of the cons at all. You learn humility and shame, which are important. I think it also teaches you to be less superficial. Maybe makes you think about how you view others physically.

OK. Pros and cons of acne. I'll start. Feel free to add and comment.

CONS:

*Poor self image

*Lack of self esteem

*Dread looking in the mirror

*More reclusive

*Lack of social life

*Feeling sad, ignored, laughed at, defective, ugly, different

PROS:

Acne is horrible but, there are some small pros. Of course, not worth the cost of the cons at all. You learn humility and shame, which are important. I think it also teaches you to be less superficial. Maybe makes you think about how you view others physically.

Cons: Don't want to be out in sunlight, afraid to be with your friends who have clear skin, afraid to eat the things you like because of the fear it might cause a breakout.

Pros: Personally, I believe it makes you stronger, teaches you to be accepting of others

-Sarah

Guest runnerB

hmm. first, i just don't think that many people who have acne really do experience the lessons that acne can teach. it seems to me that most are just worried about getting rid of their acne. however, if you CAN see the bright side of having acne, i think that the pros that you listed DO outweight the cons, as those values are, unfortunately, becoming less and less important in our world today.

The only pro to having acne is that it forces you to learn how to take proper care of your skin, which can be a valuable skill to have as life wears on and you no longer have acne.

Other than that, I don't think it has any pros. You can make the best of a bad situations and try to learn from it, but that doesn't make it a good situation. Plus, not everyone is going to learn humility and shame, nor will they necessarily become less superficial. I wasn't superficial before acne, and I learned neither humility nor shame until well after it was gone, due to completely unrelated life experiences. In fact, even my pro is only a pro if you actively seek to learn about and control your acne. Not everyone does.

cons:

- can ruin youth but only if you let it

- can ruin self confidence but only if you let it

- can cause bad grades from skipping school but only if you let it

- can limit friends but only if you let it

pros:

- more accepting of others

- a feeling of understanding the less fortunate

- not taking clear skin for granted (youll eventually be clear)

With my post, I was talking about my personal experiences. Everyone will react differently.

While acne is horrible, it has the potential to show people some of the pros mentioned. However, I don't feel that being made to wake up every morning hating yourself for 5 years (my case) is worth the lessons learned. Maybe not to the same extent but, I think I knew those things beforehand.

Important lessons but someone could have to walk with crutches or be in a wheelchair for a month and learn the same things to a lesser degree.

pro: it helps me fuel my mental breakdown so i can become artisticly insane, or just insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeimgoing to bed

Guest Michael Jackson

I agree, this is the best forum I have been on. I have been on a few.

the only pro's I can think of are learning how to take care of your skin during the future..

an I think it makes me more understanding towards other people with acne.. meaning.. I will never be that ass hole who goes.. Geez! Why don't you just wash your face!.. I have experienced suffering.. so I can relate to others who have had to deal with it and if I encounter people who have had it I can offer emotional help as well as advice for their skin.. but really.. all the suffering it has caused me through these years.. in my opinion.. really isn't worth it.