Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugars

aspirin mask or baking soda to exfoliate?

On Makeup Alley http://makeupalley.com/ an "aspirin mask" got great reviews. (they melt about four aspirin in their hand with water and apply it on the face as a mask.) Also, many people said they add baking soda to their regular cleanser for exfoliation.

I tried reading the reviews to get answers from the perspective of someone with acne, but there are so few.

Anyone tried either of these before?

yes and neither do anything .. aspirin maks dried my ace out and can cause free radicals ... umm baking soda didnt do anything .. i just exfoliate with a pedicure brush once a week that does the job.

i use baking soda and i love it. I use it about 2 x a week. Yer it wont work for everybody, but yer. You can give it a go. Its weird, the BS makes my blackheads come out, cuz when i wash my face from exfoliating with BS, i look close in the mirror and there are blackheads sticking out of my skin, especially on my nose. Sometimes i just scrape them off, (not everywhere) just my nose. I dont want to cause damage to my skin. :D, hope this helps.

I used the aspirin mask and I like it. I'm not using it now though because I'm not supposed to while on medication, or so my derm said. Anyway, I like it cuz it made my face more even looking but I think you have to use it continuously so that it would keep the pimples at bay...

I used the aspirin mask and I like it. I'm not using it now though because I'm not supposed to while on medication, or so my derm said. Anyway, I like it cuz it made my face more even looking but I think you have to use it continuously so that it would keep the pimples at bay...

It's true. I didn't notice anything until my 2nd attempt. For me it just made my skin really soft but some people have claimed that within a few weeks, their blackheads are either gone or easy to extract.

I just tried something new last night that didn't get rid of blackheads but closed pores dramatically overnight. You can find that topic under the "blackheads" forum.

I've used an aspirin mask as a spot-treatment with great success. I don't use it over my whole face because I take a lot of medications and don't want to introduce yet another via my skin, but it really helps both my mom and I with the larger, more stubborn pimples.