Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a very depressed person and the fact that I get weird embarassing acne on my face makes everything worse because I don't wanna go anywhere. Up until last week, my skin was pretty clear, but all the sudden I just started getting more and more. I have a really dark pimple on my left cheek, and I have a huge cystic one on the side side of my face close to my sideburn. But that's not the worst, the worst is my nose. Now, I had a really bad zit on my nose a few months ago that I thought was actually gonna destroy my nose, because it would keep peeling and bleeding and I picked at it so much. It just left a little mark, but now I have another one very close to where the last one was that I have picked at and squeezed the hell out of to get all the white shit out. Right now it looks bruised and the skin around it is really strange. I don't have any scars, but the thought of having scars on my face, especially my nose scars the hell out of me. I have low self esteem as it is. I don't know what to do.

I am a very depressed person and the fact that I get weird embarassing acne on my face makes everything worse because I don't wanna go anywhere. Up until last week, my skin was pretty clear, but all the sudden I just started getting more and more. I have a really dark pimple on my left cheek, and I have a huge cystic one on the side side of my face close to my sideburn. But that's not the worst, the worst is my nose. Now, I had a really bad zit on my nose a few months ago that I thought was actually gonna destroy my nose, because it would keep peeling and bleeding and I picked at it so much. It just left a little mark, but now I have another one very close to where the last one was that I have picked at and squeezed the hell out of to get all the white shit out. Right now it looks bruised and the skin around it is really strange. I don't have any scars, but the thought of having scars on my face, especially my nose scars the hell out of me. I have low self esteem as it is. I don't know what to do.

I know what you are going through. Have you went to a derma? And what did they tell ya? If they said accutane, you should think twice coz there are alot more damaging side effects. I currently am in a diet that is just strictly veggies coz any food with sugar can cause acne.. I also drink 8 glasses of water with a tbspn. of lemon juice. They say it will detoxify my insides and help in the fight of free radicals..

Stay strong and be acne free soon..

Aries

Go to a dermatologist. They'll give you what you need to clear up your face.

As far as using diet to fight acne, it covers that on the "Myth" section of this very website:

Myth: Acne is related to diet

Reality: Prevailing wisdom in the dermatology community is that diet and acne are not related. Of course science is never a 100% reliable enterprise. But at this time, there is no evidence that chocolate, sugar, oil, milk, seafood, or any other food causes acne. Some people absolutely insist that a certain food causes acne for them, or that a specific acne diet works for them. In this case, doctors sometimes recommend that they avoid that food or follow that diet. Regarding chocolate specifically, several studies have been performed, and the answer to "does chocolate cause pimples?" is a resounding "No"

but what about my fucking nose? Like the skin is just really weird on it right now, I have been putting Neosporin on it. I've never been to a Dermatoligist, but I once saw my doctor about it almost a year ago and he prescribed me three things that I was very consistent with but it just irritated my skin badly and I used it for 2 months and it just kept irritating my skin, it would get rid of pimples, and then more would just come back. I can't remember what I was using, I know one of them was 5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

I'm not sure what's going on with your nose or why the pimples are coming back. A derm has more knowledge in these matters than a regular doctor. If you don't like how your face looks def schedule an appointment with a derm. Best thing you can do.

my mom is a bitch and won't schedule one because she says that they would wonder why I am even there, but she has no idea. It's kinda expensive, but it would be worth it. I have a really dark mark from a previous pimple from the beginning of the summer, it's not a scar, but it won't go away, it's just a dark dot, and now the same kinda pimple is forming right by that darkl mark only making it worse.

It's one of those pimples that you can't pop and if you try, it will make it bigger and worse .

but what about my fucking nose? Like the skin is just really weird on it right now, I have been putting Neosporin on it. I've never been to a Dermatoligist, but I once saw my doctor about it almost a year ago and he prescribed me three things that I was very consistent with but it just irritated my skin badly and I used it for 2 months and it just kept irritating my skin, it would get rid of pimples, and then more would just come back. I can't remember what I was using, I know one of them was 5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

You probably just irritated it. What do you mean when you say the skin looks weird? Can you desribe it? It will probably heal if you just leave it alone, keep applying neosporin. Cystic zits that are picked to oblivion like you described can take a very very long time to heal, so try not to touch it anymore. I know it's tempting to pick at zits, but try not to..it really can make things worse. I think it's best only to pick a pimple that has sebum at the surface of the skin.

-Sarah

Yeah that one cystic pimple I picked the shit out of and it looked like just a whole bunch of water came out. But then it finally went down, but that mark is dark that it left, and now another one is forming right next to the mark. I'm just in some bad shit now.

Oh and about the skin on my nose, when I scrunch it up, the skin that is around the zit krinkles differently then the rest of the uneffected skin.