Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaryTheres

Encouraging!

People, I don't have much time but I must report this! I have very old scar on my forehead - got it when I was like three and fell into a corner of a table or something... It's small but somewhat deep and seemed "tethered down." Anyway - I didn't even care if it responded to smoothbeam 'cause it doesn't bother me and I highly doubted it would respond... Well incredibly today I noticed it has shrunk - it's filling in or something ... weird ... it's still there a little but definitely much smaller - definitely!! it's like a round little dot of scar now... OMG!! Incredible!! This must have just happened within the past week or so!!!!

YEHHH MARY!!! That is soooo encouraging; hope things continue improving for you!!!

Mary, have you considered needling before smoothbeam? Yanno...Smoothbeam works beeter on newer scars and by needling you make the scars new again.

My first smoothbeam treatment was just 2 1/2 weeks ago. A very aggressive one which yeilded alot of small blisters. Anyway, today I was at the gap, I looked in the mirror under their very bright lights and 3 way mirror. I'm thinking wow, my skin really looks good. Smoother, pores and some smaller scars and fine lines already showing improvement. I don't want to give anyone false hope because I have been doing other things before the smoothbeam but wow. I feel much better about my skin than I have in ages. Two more treatments to go!! biggrin.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Oh my goodness...hope I'll have the same success as you guys. I scheduled myself for four treatments possibly five... [-o<

I've had blank/crazy stares from people/co-workers when I mention to them I'm gonna have my scars treated. Ah...phoey...I'm still going forward with it.

Guest niko

Just had my 5th and final for a while

They did 14 and went over my entire face. My scarred areas went over twice. (Much more aggressive than my first 4) I have about 15 bb size water blisters on the left side.

How long do these take to go away?

I am going to do SB again 4-5 in the summer

and another 4-5 in the winter after that. I love it.

Niki:

Did your blisters go away since last week or do you still have them?

Did you get blisters your first 4 times with SB or is this because of the high setting? I'd like to know how everyone's skin reacts because I am thinking of getting it done as well for some mild scarring but I can afford down time.

Thanks!

Guest Tracy

By bumping this thread, twice I might add, you're making yourself look like an idiot who can't let something go.

Guest Tracy
By bumping this thread, twice I might add, you're making yourself look like an idiot who can't let something go.

let it go. I've let it go, by apologizing twice -- but someone continues to bring it up, so I continue to defend myself.

Thanks for calling me an idiot though...

Unfortuately the scar that is the subject of this thread shrunk but did not disappear. Not that I mind this particular scar, actually.

It's weird it seems to me that with smoothbeam you see initial improvement and it's great and you think "if it keeps going at this rate they'll disappear..." but most do not . They improve but they don't disappear. And it seems like the inital improvement is drastic and then it plateaus.....and the improvement is less and less

fromchicago,

today I am not so angry and feeling better and now I am feeling a bit sorry for you. You are clinging to the hope that my scars really have disappeared and that I am lying or insane for being dissatisfied. After 7 smoothbeams (just got my 7th on Fri.) my worst scars have not disappeared - not even close. They all seem to have improved - I do stand by my assessment of 50% improvement. and somedays that's good and somedays it's a disappointment. The expense of it doesn't help on the bad days. The most shallow and small have disappeared but my worst scars are still here. I am not sorry I had the treatment, the risk was very very low and my skin has improved AND I look younger, too. I do feel guilty about the amount of money.... I guess I was wrong, or sillly or whatever but for three thousand dollars I wanted, hoped for and expected more. And I do think was lied to in that regard. And I am very very very sad that my worst scars will not even come close to disappearing. I think people need to hear all sides , they need to temper their expectations. That's all I was doing with my despondent post - well, that an feeling a bit sorry for myself. Fromchicago, You really need to learn interpersonal skills - what you said to me could not possibly have been intended to cheer me up - please, stop saying that is what you were doing. You were not. Your post was mean-spirited, arrogant, and downright nasty. I think You didn't want to hear the down-side. Well there is one.

Now please stop being such an ass - I am actually embarassed for you.