Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam1120

does oily hair cause more acne on forehead

i use gel in my hair every day and in fact i sleep with the gel in my hair too ( shower mornings) and my T zone is completely clear.

it 100% does! i used to use a wax and i have scars on my temple from the acne! it was terrible. i have a shaved, well, not shaved, but very short hair now and it really helps prevent oil on your face.

From my experience, yes. I had bangs before,, and that's what caused my forehead acne. It's better to keep hair out of your face, or use a shampoo to balance the pH of your oily hair.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

when I went to the doctor for the first time about my acne he gave me an information sheet on it. On the sheet it said that acne is not caused by oily hair touching the skin. But I didn't believe it for a minute because when I had my hair cut short it really reduced my forehead acne.

I think its not so much the oily hair on the forehead as it is the products you put in your hair (although it still makes some sense to me that oils from your hair could potentially block your pores). Sprays, gels, pomades especially - I think these can block the pores on your forehead and cause acne flares. Even be careful with conditioners - make sure you get it all rinsed out of your hair.

When my forehead was bad. Thats when I had no bangs, and my hair was always pulled away from my face. Figure that one out.

Actually I think it was Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditoner.

Cuz...I used that for a couple yrs(concidently..thats when I got bad bacne, shoulder acne. As well as forehead acne.

Hm. Do you think that product might have caused it?

When my forehead was bad. Thats when I had no bangs, and my hair was always pulled away from my face. Figure that one out.

Actually I think it was Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditoner.

Cuz...I used that for a couple yrs(concidently..thats when I got bad bacne, shoulder acne. As well as forehead acne.

Hm. Do you think that product might have caused it?

It is absolutely 100% true that products you use on your hair (shampoo, conditioner, gels, hairspray, etc) can exacerbate acne under the right circumstances. I've been pretty lucky and I haven't hit a hair product that aggravates my skin but if it touches your skin why shouldn't it aggravate it if it has an ingredient you're sensetive to?

Any tips for brands of hair care lines which you know use noncomedogenic ingredients? All the OTC drugstore brands I see don't tell you on the label whether they are noncomedogenic or not! :mad:

I'm especially interested in styling products (like gels) but suggestions for shampoos or conditioners are also welcome.

well i have had hair in my face my whole life lol and i dont usually have bangs so my forhead never breaks out but than i got bangs for the summer and my forhead did start to break out. It could be the heat as well but i broke up and my forhead never breaks out.