Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sabinscabin

i have pinpointed, within absolutely 0% doubt, EXACTLY what causes my acne

I've been using bp and washing my face and paying attention to my diet for the last 7 years, since I was 12. The entire time I have been experimenting, trying to see if doing just ONE thing will noticeably, without a doubt clear me up IMMEDIATELY. Here are the things I tried:

- using a ton of BP

- using a ton of salycic acid (it was so obvious that didn't work)

- washing my face many times daily

- never getting hot and sweaty

- never eating chocolate

- never eating oily foods

- not masturbating

- drinking a ton of water * (close but ultimately no dice)

with the exception of that last one, none of the things on this list, not a SINGLE ONE, have led to me immediately clearing up. The last one was actually a false alarm I had last summer. After like a week, drinking water didn't do jack for my skin anymore. And it's not like I could actually go down this list and check off each one as I do them. I would usually spend a week or two doing each of these items as a kind of regimen.

For each one, I saw little to no clearing up. And after doing about two or three of these, I would probably just give up for a month or two, and then continue, even repeating some of these that I've already done since I was too lazy to actually keep a record book of my "experiment" or something like that.

However, I'm here to tell you what I've discovered this past friday and why it means I will NEVER be bothered by acne again. Ready?

IT'S YOUR HANDS.

Last friday, I had a crazy idea. Since none of my individual regimens worked, I decided I should try something I haven't tried before. For an entire week, I never touched my face with my hands. Tons of other stuff actually came in contact with my face though, including my pillow, my bed, a towel, tons of sweat, my sleeve (which was the all purpose sweat-wiping and itch-scratching tool) and my shirt. However, I made it imperative that I DO NOT touch my face with my hand UNLESS I'm immediately going to wash my face afterwards.

What do you know, it worked better than I've ever imagined. I even went an entire 9-5 work day without washing my face, with my face greasy as heck. But the thing is, I just never touched it. When I started this on friday, I IMMEDIATELY noticed my face getting much better within literally 2 days. I started out with my entire chin INFLAMED with about 4 or 5 pimples (the ones that you know would be suicide to squeeze) as well as many on my chin and cheek.

Now, a week later, they've all become tiny, almost invisible little bumps on my skin. In the shower, I touch them and feel literally nothing at all. When I say bumps I mean SLIGHTLY raised areas where you can tell you had a pimple before. It's also incredibly obvious that they will be gone within days.

Right now I have literally no active pimples. I also know FOR A FACT that it was my deciding to not touch my face that has given me success. I'm not going to make promises for everyone else, but I cannot stress ENOUGH how absolutely sure I am that it was my hands touching my face that causes my acne. I'm 100% sure. Throughout the past two weeks, everything has been constant. It's always been cereal in the morning, salad at lunch and chinese food at dinner, about 5-6 glasses of water, 3 BP's and 3 face washes, and 2 showers. The ONLY thing separating these two weeks, one of my struggling with acne, and the other of my acne decreasing RAPIDLY, is me deciding to not touch my face with my hands. Just some food for thought for you guys.

Also, when I say hands, I mean hands AND cellphones. The thing is, you probably won't immediately flare up in one place if you just poke it lightly once, but it's the fact that we're always unconsciously scratching and wiping it that it becomes a serious problem for our skin and causes acne. For cellphones, try to keep it close to your face but not touching. If anyone has any doubts, I beg you to try it. Just for one week. I'm not asking much. Just maintain your regular regimen, take showers and wash your face within reason. But never EVER touch your face with your hands unless it's right before you wash it. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks and good luck.

Edit: I'm not at al guaranteeing it will work for you. But I'm trying to tell everyone who has tried everything and cannot pinpoint what causes it, I am 100% sure it is what worked for me.

So the cure for acne is to not touch your face? :confused:

If only it were that easy... :(

for your type of acne. im guessing light to moderate. if your still on the regimen and your doing it.. maybe, but the regimen is doing most of the work.

Youre switching regimens too frequently (every 2 weeks) to know exactly whats helping and whats hurting. Breakouts typically take around two weeks or more to form. You could also say its a number of other things contributing to your acne. Stick with something for more than a month or two, that may help. Or just keep eating chinese food, cereal, and not touching your face, if thats working.

I think you guys are being unreasonably sceptical of sabinscabins reasoning. I agree that hands play a big part in acne formation, if you think about it when you have acne you tend to scratch it and pick at it - causing irritation and probably spreading it to other areas. I think also when you can feel your face tingling and you want to scratch it you should resist because that is your skin healing itself. You know - like when you have a cut and its healing and you want to scratch it...

I NEVER touch my face unless of course I'm washing my face, or if I have washed my hands. NEVER, ever do I touch my face without washing my hands, this is not the cause of my pimples thats for sure.

My face is certainly clearer than it was when I used to pick at stuff or touch my face a lot (though that could never clear me 100%). I'm going to teach my future children not to touch their faces before they hit puberty :)

One thing i can say is that it will only help your skin if you avoid touching your face. It may not be the cure, but it will help. Imagine what is on your hands before touching your face....

I never touch my face unless I have just washed my hands with soap, and even then it is only if I have to, and I know this helps.

touching your face is something everyacne sufferrer should know...i dont let anything at all touch my face including the pillow.