Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Acne Cure Recipe

Essential Purchase:

Tea Tree Oil Skin & Scalp Treatment by Hollywood Beauty (can be found in your walgreens or grocery store)

More info here

Fresh Flax Seed Oil - 100% Organic, Pure & Unfiltered, Barlean's, 32 fl oz (can be found in your grocery store like Whole Foods Market - my favorite shopping center)

More info here

Amazing Grass Wheat Grass Powder, Organic - 10 oz. (can be found in your nearest Whole Foods Market)

More info here

Neem Leaf Capsules (Certified Organic), 440mg - 90 Caps (can be found in your nearest Whole Foods Market)

More info here

Cuticura Medicated Anti-Bacterial Bar Soap, Original Formula, 5.25 oz bar (can be found in walgreens/cvs)

More info here

Queen Helene Masque, Mint Julep 8 oz (can be found in your nearest grocery store)

More info here

Instructions:

Wheat Grass Powder - 1 tablespoon mixed with juice every 8 hours (fasting only on wheat grass juice and lots of water with the flaxseed oil for 3-5 days is recommended - a great way to eliminate toxins and speed up healing especially with acne scars...you will definitely notice a significant difference!)

Flaxseed Oil - 2 Tablespoons every 12 hours (might be more effective on empty stomach, thins sebaceous glands decreasing in oil production)

Vitamin C 1000mg - 3 tablets every 12 hours w/food (make sure you drink lots of water with vitamn C - anti-bacterial, production of collagen, inflammation, skin healing, reduces redness, decrease in oil production, great for consptipation)

Vitamin E 400IU - Natural - 2 gelcaps once a day (to maintain healthy smooth skin)

MSM 1000mg - 3 tablets every 12 hours w/food (sulfur - heal skin wound faster and make the skin appear softer, smoother and more pliable.)

Chromium Picolinate 200mcg - 2 tablets daily (The mineral is used to reduce elevated blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and promote weight loss. chromium was reported to induce rapid improvement in patients with acne. Repeated skin biopies have shown there to be a localized glucose intolerance in most acne patients.)

Basic Multivitamin - 1 tablet once a day w/food (I recommend a basic woman's formula that doesn't contain IODINE)

Two other Highly Recommendations Oral Herbs is:

Milk thistle 175-200mg - 2 capsules every 12 hours (a wonderful liver detoxifier - many acne sufferers confirmed its healing properties)

Neem Leaf 450mg - 1-2 Capsules every 12 hours (proven to actually kill the bacteria that causes acne, very popular in india! I've seen a difference!)

Bedtime:

Rub a thin layer of Tea Tree Oil Skin & Scalp Treatment by Hollywood Beauty on entire face at bedtime. A wonderful blend of oils to keep your skin from drying, heals scars and keeps skin soft. Wash off in the morning.

Wash face morning and night with this very effective acne soap:

Cuticura Medicated Anti-Bacterial Bar Soap - Original Formula (contains 1.5 % Triclocarban, very effective antibacterial)

Weekly Facial Masque:

Queen Helene Masque (the best facial masque out there for acne prone skin, contains sulfur and zinc oxide - leave on for 20 mins - rinse off with warm water. I recommend a hot steam on your face for 15 mins before applying masque to enlarge pores.)

Other important advice:

Drink Water, Water, Water, and only Water. (great detoxifier and speeds up healing)

Cut down or completely cut out sugar from your diet. (can aggravate and worsen acne)

Limit meat & dairy intake, or consider becoming a vegeterian/vegan (worked for me!)

Always get plenty of sleep, 8 hours or more. (the body can concentrate on repairing skin)

Reduce as much STRESS as possible. (can aggravate and worsen acne)

Good Luck!

too much stuff..thats why nobody replied

That's perfectly alright. It got plenty of views, I'm sure someone is giving it a chance.

I don't think it's too much, if you really think about it. For clearer skin, it's definitely worth a try.

Better than accutane, right? :)

I'm glad you stress the internal curing but a lot of this won't work for everyone. I went through the tea tree oil phase, it worked better then topical antibiotics but in the end it was pretty harsh stuff, always had to dilute it with jojoba. It's not bad though.

Flax seed oil seems to give me some of the worst breakouts, bad allergy to that stuff. I've heard of other people having allergies to it too and getting the worst breakouts of their life.

Wheatgrass is great but fresh is best, and spirulina is something else you may wanna look into.