Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeredithC

I don't pick, mark or scar when I wear....

Acrylic nails.

I know it's a pain and expensive and sometimes it seems vain and silly, but I've noticed that when I get fake nails on I have very few brown marks (HP). I usually use my nice sharp natural nails to scrape, pick, scab, and ruin my face. Most of the time I can't afford acrylic nails nor do I have the time for it with two young children. However, my brother is getting married day after tomorrow, so I had acrylic nails put on for the wedding. I have a huge cyst in my earlobe (which I think it going to have to be excised because it recurs and I can't wear earrings. It's close to my head where the lobe attaches.. ick.) and last time it was around I literally messed with it until I had torn a third hole in my lobe. This time I left it alone because I just can't get a good grip with these nails.

Anyone else notice this? My mother even offered to pay for me to get nails because my skin looks "so much better and it boosts your confidence" (I'm 33 and she still wants to fix my face, even tho my acne problem is 1/10 what it used to be)