Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JenG207

30 minute wait on retin-a?

i hate how after washing my face at night, i have to wait 30 mins to apply the retin-a. i've fallen asleep and missed putting it on altogether. :boohoo:

is the entire 30 minutes necessary? why?

and if it is, can i switch to retin-a micro? or would it be like starting over again? and what are the major differences between retin-a micro and retin a? does the micro help with scarring/wrinkles too?

thanks!

Retin-A Micro is a different delivery system than regular Retin-A... but it's the same active ingredient. It's certainly gentler, but no less effective. How long have you been on Retin-A and what have your results been like so far?

Retin-A Micro is a different delivery system than regular Retin-A... but it's the same active ingredient. It's certainly gentler, but no less effective. How long have you been on Retin-A and what have your results been like so far?

i've been on retin-a for 36 days...i don't really know if it's working. it *seems* like the white heads are coming and going really quickly but there are definitely a lot more at once than ever before. i think the texture of my skin is a little better, but like i said, a lot more white heads than i'm used to seeing.

i have very oily skin, and ever on retin-a and using origins matte, i still don't have any dryness.

You have to give any treatment course 12 weeks before you decide whether it works or not. Stick with it! The increase in the number of whitheads around week 4 is normal... it's probably an intial breakout.

my derm said to only wait 20 mins... that seems to work fine. or you can put on your other topicals earlier in the day like a few hours before you go to bed.