Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleepflower

"starvation"-acne link

what is the relationship between diet and acne in terms of calorie consumption, or other low-food-consumption?

i believe i read that absolutely starving yourself will get rid of acne -- but what about only eating a little, or only half a day's worth of calories, etc.?

If you're really motivated and have no schedule, you could do a 10 day water fast... you'll break out crazy at first and then start healing quick.

I don't think though, it's necessary to eat half a days calories. But eating less is certainly a plus not only for acne but also longevity. The longest living cultures refuse to overeat. If you're an athlete or do any kind of physical activity, this isn't going to work out so well and you should just be aiming to achieve a state where you eat what you need for energy, and burn nearly all of it.

what is the relationship between diet and acne in terms of calorie consumption, or other low-food-consumption?

i believe i read that absolutely starving yourself will get rid of acne -- but what about only eating a little, or only half a day's worth of calories, etc.?

A little while ago I caught a viral infection. I had sickness and diarrhea for just over a week. Everytime I ate something it would make it worse, so I could only drink water and have the odd oat biscuit. My face became 100% clear.

As soon as I started eating "normally" again spots returned.

If you're really motivated and have no schedule, you could do a 10 day water fast... you'll break out crazy at first and then start healing quick.

I don't think though, it's necessary to eat half a days calories. But eating less is certainly a plus not only for acne but also longevity. The longest living cultures refuse to overeat. If you're an athlete or do any kind of physical activity, this isn't going to work out so well and you should just be aiming to achieve a state where you eat what you need for energy, and burn nearly all of it.

Agreed! Bruce Lee wrote 'as a martial artist you only eat what you need to eat, dont overeat on pleasure foods'

Last year I was kind of anorexic and I got almost no acne during that time.. Once I started eating again I'm not sure if its worth it though, being hungry all the time.

I would always have an active pimple or two. My first real break came a few months ago when I started to smoke a lot and when I smoke I lose my apetite. I'm not smoking that much anymore, but I do need to start eating more.