Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jodiat

Aloe vera problem

I read all the wounderful benefits of aloe vera gel. So I wanted to get on the band wagon and try it. I read all the ins and outs - how it has everything in it for the skin to help repair and heal wounds cuts scars etc. How Cliapatra even used it to keep looking you. I bought 2 different kinds of pure aloe sap. They are both white and clear and very sticky and slimy and quite expensive. I used one and after 2 weeks Im breaking out every place I put it. I stoped...cleared it up...used the second one I bought...same happened.

Im either allergic to one component in it or it is repairing and healing my BP'd skin back to health. Ive no idea which and was under the influence Aloe applied externally could only help my skin. bugga!

Could be wrong, but I think Aloe Vera is comedogenic.

Hmm I read that it will help in every case I was reading...yet in others it said this or that can agrivate etc...but my mother went on to use it fine.

does it for me too, but just blackheads and in certain areas. try spot treating with it.

Ic, I did spot treat with it once and found it as good as bp, maybe aloe is good in small doses, maybe once a week all over? I was using it 2 times per day for 2 weeks and maybe my skin was getting clogged as it felt like slapping wall papar paste on my face...granted ive never done that.

It IS possible to be allergic to aloe. I'm not sure what kind of gel you are using, but if it has other ingredients in it, they could be irritating your skin. I use Pharm-Aloe Jelly, which is 98% aloe. You could also buy an aloe plant and use the plant directly. Good luck!

It IS possible to be allergic to aloe. I'm not sure what kind of gel you are using, but if it has other ingredients in it, they could be irritating your skin. I use Pharm-Aloe Jelly, which is 98% aloe. You could also buy an aloe plant and use the plant directly. Good luck!

It says 'pure aloe vera extract' and this is it lol. I think im just doomed using it - but I wanted it to work -_-