Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elfgirl

MSM and side effects

Does anyone else take MSM and have experienced any side effects? I am not sure if my tendonitis has gotten worse from taking it or not. Just wanted to know if any one else has anything to report. On the bottle it says 1500mg's and to take 2 tabs with a meal once a day.

MSM is extremely Non-Toxic, even at very high dosages above 4,000mg's. But as you know everyone is different and with me I found out that if I take more than 6,000mg's in a single day I don't feel so good. I don't think it had to do with toxicity though, but perhaps it was interferring with digestion or something.

Taking 10g a day gave me a crazy amount of energy, so much that I had insomnia. Seriously, you will want to run everywhere when you take 10g...

Haha, I wouldn't call that a side effect, it's more of a desired effect lots of people (myself included) have noticed with this amazing supplement. If anything though, I love not having sore muscles ever. I bike miles and miles and the soreness is only right after I exercise, never stays for long. Even if I really step it up, still nothing,even when I wake up the next day.

Someone claimed that it helps with scars, so for $7 at walmart I picked up some a few days ago. Consumerlab.com approved of "Spring Valley". I'll see if it's hype or not.

MSM meaning Methyl-sulfonyl-methane? If so Ive heard about it but never tried it.

OK, I just made a connection. I checked out that web site on MSM and it say we excrete about 4-11 MG of MSM in our urine every day. It also says that MSM used topically can help fight acne and other skin problems. This may be part of the reason why people find success in putting their urine on their face. :think:

My Urine is strong, I can pee on my face!

Rofl.

Msm is sulfur based and is a macro nutrient so is safe in high doeses. Ive never used it but have read up about it and think ill give it ago, rubbers claim of no sorness of muscles is interesting. Is it best in caps or powder?

p.s. Sulfur makes me fart more, when I eat brocoli i notice this alot because of its sulphur...I think its because its hard to break down but I could be wrong.

My Urine is strong, I can pee on my face!

Rofl.

Msm is sulfur based and is a macro nutrient so is safe in high doeses. Ive never used it but have read up about it and think ill give it ago, rubbers claim of no sorness of muscles is interesting. Is it best in caps or powder?

p.s. Sulfur makes me fart more, when I eat brocoli i notice this alot because of its sulphur...I think its because its hard to break down but I could be wrong.

Powder. More readily absorbed, no fillers and, best of all, it's MUCH cheaper. Of the same brand, 120 grams of MSM pills usually costs the same amount as 200 grams of MSM powder. So it's like getting 80 free grams.

Thanks Ariventa, im going to order some soon and get some electrolytes while im at it seems as I have to get them from america, as the uk is charging 50 pound for somthing thats 9 dollers.

Ok I got some MSM today. I had to buy it in caps because the powder was £20 and my aloe vera caps ahh well cut the story short im taking them and will see how I go. Ive looked into my books and found that the sulpher helps essential fatty acid (aka Omegas 3/6/9) absorb better by the body by dissolving in water when combine with electricaly rich proteins. I over looked this before - im still learning.