Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReiseReise

How you react and treat others?

I hate this about myself, whenever I have a bad breakout I really am a total bastard towards everyone and I cant help it :(. I feel so down about myself that I literally dont want to see anyone, I want everyone to just vanish. Often this is impossible because of work and I have to face people but I find myself having too little patience not just with myself but with others. I guess its a feeling of hopelessness, I know I'm not this person I am super friendly most of the time but I just get so damn frustrated and I cant explain that to anyone.

usually I get pissed off, but then I take a deep breath, wash my face, moisterize and put on alot of foundation. then hope no one notices even though I am sure that they do!

I totally understand!!! when a pimple or pimples come up your self esteem goes down...other people dont understand...clearskin bastards...I had to go on accutane and that was hell...the way my face flared up...I dropped outta school for a semeter and did'nt leave the house....throughout highschool I was angry all the time...because with this damn acne..I could never catch a break!!! Even now my face defintely does'nt break out the way it use too, but I still have really bad scars...that makes me sooooo self conscious to the point that if I'm not wearing makeup (even then :rolleyes: ) I avoid mirrors like a damn vampire

The anger is just the pain that your feeling inside...I understand...were all in the same boat....

I know for a fact that I'm not as friendly as usual or I tend to have a short fuse with people if they piss me off. Just can't help myself and people don't understand how you feel. I also tend to keep my head down and try not to get attention so much. Wish people who've never had the problems we have could understand how it makes you feel about yourself.

Think you sometimes just need to take a deep breath and relax, tell yourself that it isn't anyone elses fault really.

Im usually quiet. I dont take it out on other people, Im just quiet and dont say much and only speak when im spoken to.

Same. I have, in the past sometimes end up saying hurtful things in these situations, so I just keep quiet now.

i just clam up and retract into a shell. and then everyone thinks im an unsociable, moody bastard lol cause i wont tell anyone whats wrong. if im at uni and im having a breakout, out comes the ipod and i just have that on all day so i dont have to communicate :ninja:

having acne definitely affects the way i treat others. usually im very friendly and will go out of my way to be nice, but if im feeling terrible about my skin, then i'll start ignoring or avoiding people and will try to keep all conversation to a bare minimum bc i dont feel talking to anybody.. and although i know i must come off as a real bitch, im too pissed off about my skin to care.