Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LM_06

Sheer Powder - I need a new one - what do you recommend?

Hi All,

About 2 years ago I was an active member here. I found a regimine that worked perfectly for me, and had been blissfully happy ever since.

Well - tragedy: the makeup I use was changed/discontinued. The new ones I try are breaking my perfect regimine. I need help picking new makeup now.

Here's the basics:

Foundation:

Cover Girl Tru Blend Liquid - Used for 2 yrs - Still Using it Now

Powder:

Was using Almay Luxury Finish Loose Powder - Translucent - Worked Great - Discontinued!

Now tried substituting Neutrogena Healthy Skin Loose Powder - Fair - WORKS AWFUL, suspect it is making my chin break out big time. Sort of yellowy in tone - like wearing a light mask in color. ICK!

BLUSH / BRONZER:

Was using Almay blush - worked great - but discontinued.

Now trying Neutrogena healthy skin blends natural radiance bronzer. Not sure if it is trouble or not - no breakouts where i wear it - but?

I noticed my skin feels sort of like it stings a tiny tiny bit since using this new stuff. My chin has started to break out like crazy. I get one pimple, kill it, and then another one pops up right away. So I constantly have one fresh pimple on my chin as now a bunch of new red marks. This is not making me happy. My routine always kept all this crap completely away. I know it is the change of makeup and I need help pickign new stuff.

Here's what I want:

For now, I'd settle for only changing my POWDER. Later, I'll change the liquid foundation. After that - I'll change my blush/bronzer too. But one thing at a time I think would be smart. Almay now sucks in my opinion - all their new formulas have all these weird botanicals in them. I don't want that. I want plain and simple non-acne-causing makeup. A perfectly colorless powder would be ideal for me - I"m extremely fair.

Should I go to clinique, or estee lauder? I used to love Estee in the past. HELP??? I'm in my late 30's and i don't need this crappy stuff anymore.

-LM

I would try a mineral finishing powder, these work great and are in most cases translucent. Because of your sensitivity I would stay away from Bare Escentual but there are other good brands out there.

Thanks Suzy. I'll make note of that. Which brands are well liked by those of us with sensitive / acne prone skin?

I use Joppa Minerals and it actually cleared my skin. But it looks like alot of people here use everyday minerals. I like Joppa because it contains higher levels of Zinc & Titanium which are anti-inflammitorys and they also do not use corn starch or Talc. I have also used Mineral Basics in the past and their products are ok but I prefer a matte finish.

Thanks again. I'm so torn over trying yours or trying Everyday Minerals. I just found that thread about EM and found their samples offerings. So tempting! I'm thinking of ordering a sample kit and just trying it all at once rather than my slow replacement I had planned. Does Joppa (did I spell that right?) have a sample kit for free too? Do you know their web address?

I have an important meeting on Wednesday and am hoping I can kill off this chin crud before then. I doubt my samples would get here in time.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks again. I'm so torn over trying yours or trying Everyday Minerals. I just found that thread about EM and found their samples offerings. So tempting! I'm thinking of ordering a sample kit and just trying it all at once rather than my slow replacement I had planned. Does Joppa (did I spell that right?) have a sample kit for free too? Do you know their web address?

I have an important meeting on Wednesday and am hoping I can kill off this chin crud before then. I doubt my samples would get here in time.

Fingers crossed!

I know that before I ordered I emailed them and they sent me a free sample in the mail. I'm sure they will do this for anyone. You can order a foundation sampler with 3 large containers for 10.95 or 10.50.