Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

Gullible fools and wealth creation by acne companies, derms and cosmetic surgeons

People put chemicals on their faces and ingest toxic amounts of drugs to compensate for the times they are not treating their bodies right.

Chemicals to destroy acne compensate for lack of sleep, exercise, adequate sunlight and balanced natural diets.

The side-effects of chemicals are further destruction of other sections of our bodies.

Millions of people will suffer.

The devil is laughing and so are the hundreds of fake companies getting rich making these chemicals at the gullible peoples.

hey those chemicals are working for me so i'm laughing too. if anyone else wants to i don't give a rats ass!

If they were working you would not be lurking on these forums.

Admit it-they are not working completely and your suffering continues....

I hate it when people throw around the word "chemical." It has such a negative connotation in society...

EVERYTHING IS CHEMISTRY!!!!

hey those chemicals are working for me so i'm laughing too. if anyone else wants to i don't give a rats ass!

If they were working you would not be lurking on these forums.

Admit it-they are not working completely and your suffering continues....

they're working well enough. i lurk because i like the people and i'm studying to be a nurse and a cousellor. they may not work forever but they're working now.

just because i'm clear doesn't mean i can't hang out here :)

I hate it when people throw around the word "chemical." It has such a negative connotation in society...

true.

life began as a chemical reaction. they can get it almost to the millisecond in laboratory studies

Without chemistry I'd have no job..........

Chemistry is awesome. Minus stoichiometry :)

:lol: Oh how I miss the days when stoichiometry was my biggest worry...

Without chemistry there'd be no universe...

Chemistry is awesome. Minus stoichiometry :)

:lol: Oh how I miss the days when stoichiometry was my biggest worry...

Without chemistry there'd be no universe...

They need to make a damn stoichiometry calculator, where you can type the question in and it gives you all the answers :wall:

Man I was enjoying that stoichiometry when I FINALLY learned it, before that I hated it and thought it was complete nonsense to fill up your brain with useless shit...

Anyways yes, life is chemicals obviously. Vitamin A is a chemical, table salt is a chemical, we're surrounded by chemicals. But when people say "oh this topical has a lot of chemicals!" we're just referring mostly to synthetic stuff created in a lab... I mean, aloe vera is made up of a wide variety of chemicals but they are in there as naturally found in nature. Queen Helene's Mask is made up of chemicals but it's mostly sulfur, an element, a couple clays, a dye, a preservative and a lubricant (propylene glycol). I personally try to keep my shit as simple as possible using those two topicals - aloe's best for healing and QH is best for sucking out the shit in your pores, but neither have the strength to handle my type of acne completely. But I've tried everything else, all the "chemicals"! And they never gave what they promised! Who knows how my skin would look if I was still on Retin-A or AHA... hell, maybe after 5 months of breakouts it would eventually clear me up, but then I'd just have to slather sunscreen all over my face every day, get deeper in the hole of synthetic laboratory "chemicals".

But when people say "oh this topical has a lot of chemicals!" we're just referring mostly to synthetic stuff created in a lab... I mean, aloe vera is made up of a wide variety of chemicals but they are in there as naturally found in nature.

If two substances are chemically identical, why would a laboratory-synthesized one be any different than a naturally produced one? They're not. Not that I think you hold this view, RubberSheep, but I object to the pervasive attitude in society that when two identical substances are offered, the "chemical" is somehow less safe than the "natural" one (in many cases they are more safe). But yes, I understand what it's referring to when he says "chemical"--that doesn't make it right to assume that things that are naturally produced are not chemicals. They are and should be referred to as such. That is my view.

But when people say "oh this topical has a lot of chemicals!" we're just referring mostly to synthetic stuff created in a lab... I mean, aloe vera is made up of a wide variety of chemicals but they are in there as naturally found in nature.

If two substances are chemically identical, why would a laboratory-synthesized one be any different than a naturally produced one? They're not. Not that I think you hold this view, RubberSheep, but I object to the pervasive attitude in society that when two identical substances are offered, the "chemical" is somehow less safe than the "natural" one (in many cases they are more safe). But yes, I understand what it's referring to when he says "chemical"--that doesn't make it right to assume that things that are naturally produced are not chemicals. They are and should be referred to as such. That is my view.

Duno y im typing this but diamonds can be made in a lab identical to natural ones, they can even change the colour of the diamonds this way. A natural diamond will always sell on its merits of being natural and more 'real' than any synthectic version.

If only this was a diamond thread...*sigh*

Duno y im typing this but diamonds can be made in a lab identical to natural ones, they can even change the colour of the diamonds this way. A natural diamond will always sell on its merits of being natural and more 'real' than any synthectic version.

If only this was a diamond thread...*sigh*

Well synthesized diamonds are not chemically the same as natural diamonds... The process is relatively recent... Turning graphite (which is a layered coordinate covalent) into diamond (3-D coordinate covalent) is nearly impossible to do perfectly. They can get close but there's a high rate of impurity.

Interesting, with the Blood diamonds in the media spot light recently, would people chose synthetic over natural one day? (somewhat off topic)

Benzoyl peroxide, mandelic acid are chemicals foreign to human bodies.

If we understood all chemical interactions humans would not have cancers.

Even mobile phones are dangerous and cause brain tumors.

For hundreds of years the human skin remains a mystery