Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bella03

changing derms on accutane

Ok, So...They changed the time of one of my classes...I will not EVER have time to drive to my derms (3hrs) to get my prescription...

So, can I get a different dr to prescribe it to me?

How do I go about doing this?

Do I have to go through ipledge over again?

I can't miss class once every month..I'd like to..But I'm not sure it's possible

I could miss a different class every time...

But that would be difficult to work around quizzes and exams...

What should I do?

hmm i never changed derms while on accutane, but i'm thinking you would have to do that ipledge thing again?! not sure though... :think:

personally, i think classes are more important than accutane since each class cost a lot and education is a must. can you find a closer derm near you cuz 3hrs seems so far away :wacko:

Call iPLEDGE and ask them how you can locate a participating derm in your area and what you have to do to switch prescribers in mid-course.

I tried to get ahold of them once to ask a question. Good luck...

Ok, So...They changed the time of one of my classes...I will not EVER have time to drive to my derms (3hrs) to get my prescription...

So, can I get a different dr to prescribe it to me?

How do I go about doing this?

Do I have to go through ipledge over again?

I can't miss class once every month..I'd like to..But I'm not sure it's possible

I could miss a different class every time...

But that would be difficult to work around quizzes and exams...

What should I do?

Hi! I hope this helps. I recently changed derms for my son. We made an appointment with the new derm first to make sure he (and I) liked him. All we had to do was to log into his IPledge account and change the doctor (I'm not sure exactly what the section is called that you go to, but it is easy to find). I then called the new doctors office and told them that I had changed the doctor to their office and they took care of the rest. You will not have to sign up twice, but I would check with any new doctors office first and tell them your situation, especially that you are in the middle of taking accutane, and see what they suggest and want you to do.

Dorothy

I tried to get ahold of them once to ask a question. Good luck...

I only had trouble getting through when it first went live. I presume that they would have gotten it under control by now, but maybe not. I knew i had seen something about changing prescribers on the website but couldn't find it, now i realize that's cause i wasn't logged in.

Thanks Guys....

I called around to different derms and told them my situation...

and they said I wouldn't have to go through ipledge again...

But hopefully things will go smoothly...ipledge is a pain when things are going normally....

Bella,

i just changed derms through iPledge and surprisingly it wasnt too difficult. Let me know if you need any help. :D

Lisa