Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overall I am very confident in myself. Yet, like everyone else, I feel like crap sometimes. In that mindset, when people who are not my age tell me I am good looking, I think that they are lying. I feel like if I was pretty then I would have more guys my age thinking and saying the same thing.

Thoughts?

Overall I am very confident in myself, at times overconfident and conceited. I have a great personality. I am smart. I am tall and have a fairly shaped body. Yet, like everyone else, I feel like crap sometimes. In that mindset, when who are not my age people tell me I am beautiful, I think that they are lying. I feel like if I was beautiful and pretty then I would have more guys my age thinking and saying the same thing.

Thoughts?

Overall I am very confident in myself, at times overconfident and conceited. I have a great personality. I am smart. I am tall and have a fairly shaped body. Yet, like everyone else, I feel like crap sometimes. In that mindset, when who are not my age people tell me I am beautiful, I think that they are lying. I feel like if I was beautiful and pretty then I would have more guys my age thinking and saying the same thing.

Thoughts?

I think that too sometimes. But it's silly to think that. Why would anyone lie to you about that? If people thought you were ugly, they probably wouldn't say anything at all. If someone makes the conscious effect to call you beautiful, I doubt they are lying. Put yourself in their shoes: would you call someone good looking JUST to do it?

Like I said, most people wouldn't say anything if they didn't think you looked good. Unless they are immature and just flat out call you ugly. But mature people wouldn't bother.

As for your age, it's rare that people of the same age group just randomly go up to you and call you beautiful. I'm sure people your age think it, but they probably wouldn't tell you unless they had a reason to. I've never had a guy in my age group just come up to me and call me beautiful, but I am certain people think it sometimes.

-Sarah

Guest TylerD

Dont worry about it. If someone says your hot then your hot, dont think about it they are lieing or not. Hey if someone says im handsome I always take it as a compliment. Usually its only my gf that says it and......my mom....eeeeew :wall: Anyways you ar eprobably hot though :)

Thank you Pushing up ROses for actually taking this seriously.

I'm 20, the people who usually compliment me are 10+ years older than I am. I assumed they were being nice for their own reasons, not necessarily to flatter me.

Beejay, thanks for being stupid.

Thanks Tyler! Yes my mom says Im pretty too so it kind of kills it when it comes from her.

You should look into why you feel insecure about people your own age. It could be that they're intimidated by you or perhaps that they're so self concious of themselves they dont' want to say anything to draw attention to the issue!

Tired of Waiting, it's interesting that you said that they may be intimidated. I've thought about that many times. I try not to exert myself too much, and may even seem aloof around people my age. However, I have a good group of friends, and I believe I am easy to get along with.

Tired of Waiting, it's interesting that you said that they may be intimidated. I've thought about that many times. I try not to exert myself too much, and may even seem aloof around people my age. However, I have a good group of friends, and I believe I am easy to get along with.

i don't think its your personality that intimidates them, but that you ARE beautiful and easy going. Its something they probably want but can't have and so they stay back because its too painful to have to see what they wish they were

I dont know about that! but THANK YOU for your kindness

People have also said that I am NOT good looking at all so that also counteracts any positive statements people have made. However, in this looks driven culture, a girl feels self conscious about herself more than she should, especially given skin problems.

you say if more guys complimented your apperance youd feel better?

I mean how many do at the moment? Because I cant remember the last time someone complimented my apperance.

And also alot of guys wont even bother complimenting 20 yr old chicks, because they think they already dont have a chance.

I have this fucked up pessismistic attitude when it comes to "compliments":

When people ( incl. myself ) don't get compliments, it's because we're not good looking in some way.

When people do get compliments, its because the people giving the compliments feel sorry for you because you really arn't good looking, and they want to make you feel better.

I wish I could think the opposite.

Overall I am very confident in myself. Yet, like everyone else, I feel like crap sometimes. In that mindset, when people who are not my age tell me I am good looking, I think that they are lying. I feel like if I was pretty then I would have more guys my age thinking and saying the same thing.

Thoughts?

Ohhh..

I definitely know your thoughts+feelings too well.. unfortunately.

I'm sorry you have to go through that :(

Lol, you sound kindof like one of my friends. I know she has low self-esteem, but she does actually look good, and I really want to tell her she looks beautiful( so she will feel better about herself! ), but she always thinks I'm lying -_-.

i think if someone is beautiful, ppl are not going to say it outrightly to them often because they think that that person already knows. If anything, theyll probably talk about when you're not there. especially guys, since it takes balls to make such a bold statement like that to a girl they may potentially like. i mean, im sure its obvious to everyone else but you.

People tell say nice thing to me your handsome this and that.. I have eyes, I have a mirror, I can see that Im one ugly ass motherfucker. So yes people try to make you feel better

People tell say nice thing to me your handsome this and that.. I have eyes, I have a mirror, I can see that Im one ugly ass motherfucker. So yes people try to make you feel better

You seem to say this a lot. LOL!!!!

:lol:

People have said I look "cute" before. That's about it. I think it's mainly directed at the clothing/accessories that I wear though.

Not many people think highly of themselves, what you see in the mirror could be completely different than what others see.

everything: I don't believe for once that people are lying to you. It'd be different if you ASKED someone "How do I look?" and someone answered "beautiful' just to make you feel better. If people are just telling you without having been provoked by a question, then why would they lie? It'd just be wasting breath.

Guest yoyoma

I won't say they 'lie'...but one thing you can check when people say positive stuff about you....think about how specific they could be.

I've gotten a hundred 'nice' 'kind' 'friendly' 'social' 'humorous' 'cute' but those are pretty generic words....many times they are safe words only...like nobody will say to you "damn you butt ugly I ain't touchin' you with a 10 foot pole" of course they gonna say something nice. Shit I tell you I get those kind of words everytime I send my picture...but after a while they move on to somebody else.

I am not saying I don't believe them when they say good things...but action and words have to be pretty equal, that's all.

I won't say they 'lie'...but one thing you can check when people say positive stuff about you....think about how specific they could be.

I've gotten a hundred 'nice' 'kind' 'friendly' 'social' 'humorous' 'cute' but those are pretty generic words....many times they are safe words only...like nobody will say to you "damn you butt ugly I ain't touchin' you with a 10 foot pole" of course they gonna say something nice. Shit I tell you I get those kind of words everytime I send my picture...but after a while they move on to somebody else.

I am not saying I don't believe them when they say good things...but action and words have to be pretty equal, that's all.

But if nobody will say something specific as "damn you butt ugly I ain't touchin' you with a 10 foot pole"...why would people be specific about -complimenting- you as well? As generic as words like "nice" "cute" and "kind" are...what do you expect? People aren't gonna sit there and marvel over you and say things like "You are so beautiful, your eyes are like azure jewels" just as much as someone wouldn't say "damn you butt ugly I ain't touchin' you with a 10 foot pole."

Guest yoyoma

But if nobody will say something specific as "damn you butt ugly I ain't touchin' you with a 10 foot pole"...why would people be specific about -complimenting- you as well? As generic as words like "nice" "cute" and "kind" are...what do you expect? People aren't gonna sit there and marvel over you and say things like "You are so beautiful, your eyes are like azure jewels" just as much as someone wouldn't say "damn you butt ugly I ain't touchin' you with a 10 foot pole."

I don't know....I guess I don't know what to do with compliments....and mostly come either from people who are far away, or they are attached/married...so they're safe...not one come from single people.