Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alina

could herbal tea be breaking me out???

hi guys,

I had started drinking these teas and changing my diet to mostly vegetables about a month ago, and ever since then i have been breaking out in little red pimples.....could herbal tea break you out or not getting enough fat in my diet or both? TIA

I don't know if this applies to you or not but what I have found happening time an time again with myself and poeple I know is:

When you eat or drink things that are good for you, like herbal teas or any number of other body cleansers, detoxers, etc etc etc . Those products cause your body to expel toxins quicker, like through your skin. Expelling that acne causing stuff at a faster pace is good and bad at the same time, like you might be experiencing.

On the other hand it is possible that it simply irritates you to drink them either in the quantity that you are, or at all.

Not getting enough good fats in your diet is a very bad thing, but the herbal tea breaking you out Because you don't have enough fats in you is an interesting idea.

I don't know if this applies to you or not but what I have found happening time an time again with myself and poeple I know is:

When you eat or drink things that are good for you, like herbal teas or any number of other body cleansers, detoxers, etc etc etc . Those products cause your body to expel toxins quicker, like through your skin. Expelling that acne causing stuff at a faster pace is good and bad at the same time, like you might be experiencing.

I think your right in this. When you detox and dont eat your acne may well get worse. Also saunas dont always help acnes sufferers along with heavy sweating. Anything that speeds updetoxing will lead to some spots.

Sweating seems to give me an initial breakout followed by clearing up, when I eat bad stuff that is.

hi guys,

I had started drinking these teas and changing my diet to mostly vegetables about a month ago, and ever since then i have been breaking out in little red pimples.....could herbal tea break you out or not getting enough fat in my diet or both? TIA

I had a similar experience..

when you start taking in more veggies and more healthy foods with flavonoids-like tea, herbs, even dark chocolate then your fatty acids shift towards being more N-3 fat dominant, they can even inhibit N-6 fats. Fish oil can do the same. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing, in which case I would suggest taking in a rich source of linoleic acid seperately from the veggies and tea.