Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EricB

scars left from tane

Hey whats up everyone?

I had bad acne around my chin but it wasnt cystic. Nothing got rid of it, so I went on accutane. I had a really bad flare up and got all these cysts like blud blister things on my face duriong my IB. Now I am left with scars on my cheeks and was wondering if it is from the accutane and if anyone else has experienced this. All my scars are in areas I never even had acne until I started taking tane. My chin area where the acne was is almost perfect. WTF!!!!????!!!! Anyone else experience this?

thanks

eric

I personally dont think accutane causes scars, Its just the acne and your skin type that is vulnerable to scarring. you're gonna get mixed responses though. So its best not to dwell on how they happend, more on how do you need to go about getting rid of them

yep, same thing happened to me. only it took 3 months for that breakout to happen. the drug did nothing for me for 2 months and by the 3rd month in, all the acne i had when i started taking accutane got worse and i broke out cystically all over my back, a place where i hadnt a blemish prior to accutane. i rue the day i ever took it. this was nearly 13 years ago. its a miracle drug for many people and a nightmare for others.

Yep, same thing happened to me. I needed surgical intervention to recover from that IB. My skin never looked the same after that :( Fortunately now I found a great derm surgeon and am ready to shell out my 5 grand or so to try and recover my skin.