Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

I can't control my appetite..

Ok, so today I had two sandwiches for breakfast. I didn't have lunch, and I came home around 7pm. Here is what I consumed: 3 salami sandwiches, 7 bags of chips (snack size not gigantic bags of course, but still), 3 pancakes (nothing on them), and half of a huge bottle of fanta light (no sugar). This post has little to do with acne because after a year of accutane I only have a tiny bit of acne left on my cheeks. But anyways, is this some kind of disease? Not that I suffer from obesity, I'm 16, six feet tall, and still growing. But I'm scared that my stomach might be stretched out from years of overeating so that I have a really hard time getting full. Has anyone else ever been like this or known people with such a large appetite in their lives and do you think my appetite will shrink once I stop growing?

Ok, so today I had two sandwiches for breakfast. I didn't have lunch, and I came home around 7pm. Here is what I consumed: 3 salami sandwiches, 7 bags of chips (snack size not gigantic bags of course, but still), 3 pancakes (nothing on them), and half of a huge bottle of fanta light (no sugar). This post has little to do with acne because after a year of accutane I only have a tiny bit of acne left on my cheeks. But anyways, is this some kind of disease? Not that I suffer from obesity, I'm 16, six feet tall, and still growing. But I'm scared that my stomach might be stretched out from years of overeating so that I have a really hard time getting full. Has anyone else ever been like this or known people with such a large appetite in their lives and do you think my appetite will shrink once I stop growing?

Hahah if you are a guy, this is compltely normal. Teen guys eat alot! You're NORMAL.

It's not normal to consitently eat yourself to the point of almost being sick - acting like every meal is Thanksgiving dinner. That's called "binge eating" and yes it is a disorder that has psychological roots. Maybe you should examine any emotional issues in your life, that could be the root. Unless this is a one time only thing, then you're fine and normal. But if you do it every meal every day, and you're not on some kind of body building 6000 calorie a day regimen (in which case you would probably want to make your calories count, not eat a bunch of chips), then it's a problem.

It's not normal to consitently eat yourself to the point of almost being sick - acting like every meal is Thanksgiving dinner. That's called "binge eating" and yes it is a disorder that has psychological roots. Maybe you should examine any emotional issues in your life, that could be the root. Unless this is a one time only thing, then you're fine and normal. But if you do it every meal every day, and you're not on some kind of body building 6000 calorie a day regimen (in which case you would probably want to make your calories count, not eat a bunch of chips), then it's a problem.

Or you could have said that he will never feel full on empty calories. Your body needs alot or vitamins, minerals, enzymes, essential fatty acids and amino acids. (you sound abit normal...like my mates I mean)

But the problem is.. I don't feel sick at all. After all that food I just went downstairs and consumed 2 pieces of salami and another bag of chips and I dont feel that stuffed.. The problem is that I do notice that my oil output on my face increases after eating like this.

But the problem is.. I don't feel sick at all. After all that food I just went downstairs and consumed 2 pieces of salami and another bag of chips and I dont feel that stuffed.. The problem is that I do notice that my oil output on my face increases after eating like this.

if you really feel the need to eat this much, do it on cottage cheese then eat something tastier at the end like your salami sandwich

All of those seem relatively high on the GI. So being hungry all of the time is expected.

For breakfast, try eating oats and eggs.

DAMMIT why does the dermatologist do this to me. Gets my hopes up that food has NOTHING to do with acne and then I eat all this shit and guess what.. about 4 new white heads on my cheeks and a lot of blackheads after about 2 weeks of almost NO acne and totally clear skin. The food isn't worth it anymore. I know it feels like it's worth it when I'm munching away but the stress that it causes afterwords is so not worth it.. I wish I could control myself more :( oh well I'll try harder from now on and I'll look at this as a lesson, even though I've experienced it so many times before I keep making the same mistake.

It seems like you are eating a LOT of empty calories, also known as simple carbohydrates. Your body burns them off really quickly and often times they have little nutritional value. Try eating more protein (meat and cheese) because they help take the edge off of hunger. Also, try eating complex carbohydrates in the forms of whole wheat pastas and breads. Eating more small meals also might help to stop the binge eating. If you consume smaller meals, the size of your stomach will eventually decrease, allowing you to feel fullness with less food. Good luck!

My acupuncturist recommended 3 big meals a day. Most will think it's crazy, but, so far I had 3 reg meals a day, COOKED food. And I feel better thanwhen iconsumed raw fruits, nuts etc throuout the day.! So gobig meals.! YEA!

My acupuncturist recommended 3 big meals a day. Most will think it's crazy, but, so far I had 3 reg meals a day, COOKED food. And I feel better thanwhen iconsumed raw fruits, nuts etc throuout the day.! So gobig meals.! YEA!

Everyone has to find what workds for them. No dietary will work for all people. I do better with three more traditional meals and 2-3 snack meals.

It seems like you are eating a LOT of empty calories, also known as simple carbohydrates. Your body burns them off really quickly and often times they have little nutritional value. Try eating more protein (meat and cheese) because they help take the edge off of hunger. Also, try eating complex carbohydrates in the forms of whole wheat pastas and breads. Eating more small meals also might help to stop the binge eating. If you consume smaller meals, the size of your stomach will eventually decrease, allowing you to feel fullness with less food. Good luck!

Soluble fiber is what slows down digestion/lowers GI. I'm not sure what complex is, but whole grains have more nutritional value and has more fiber. I would focus on fruits/vegetables as a source of carbs.