Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

Does anyone know what Amino Acid complex is for?

Sounds like a phony product to me. What's in it?

Amino acids are what your body uses to synthesize proteins and enzymes... Proteins and enzymes are simply chains of amino acids.

Sounds like a phony product to me. What's in it?

Amino acids are what your body uses to synthesize proteins and enzymes... Proteins and enzymes are simply chains of amino acids.

No no..they are supplements.

i just dont know what theyre for :S

building muscles perhaps or healing something not sure, but i know amino acids have something to do with protein

No, amino acids are not "supplements." The product you're referring to is a deitary supplement. However, most amino acids are naturally derived from foods in one's diet. Like I said... amino acids are what your body uses to make proteins.

Perhaps list the ingredients and someone can tell you more about it. It sounds like a scam... same as most of the other supplements out there--use some sciency term to make consumers think it's beneficial.

it is probably for bodybuilding.

protein is just chains of different amino acids linked together.

different proteins have different amino acid profiles, like more of one then the other and some proteins are incomplete meaning there are certain amino acids that are not in the profile.

then there are free form amino acids that are not chained together in a protein bond

bodybuilders use these free form amino acids right after a workout because they are utlilized quickly by the body, reguiring little or no digestion.

this most likely would have no benefit to acne.

but if you lift weights, take it right after your workout!!!!!

No, amino acids are not "supplements." The product you're referring to is a deitary supplement. However, most amino acids are naturally derived from foods in one's diet. Like I said... amino acids are what your body uses to make proteins.

Perhaps list the ingredients and someone can tell you more about it. It sounds like a scam... same as most of the other supplements out there--use some sciency term to make consumers think it's beneficial.

No thats the thing, they are not a scam i got them from a health food store where the vitamins are...it has 550 mg in total i will list them later on but heres some of them

lysine, histidine, arginine, proline, glycine, alanine , valine etc.

it is probably for bodybuilding.

protein is just chains of different amino acids linked together.

different proteins have different amino acid profiles, like more of one then the other and some proteins are incomplete meaning there are certain amino acids that are not in the profile.

then there are free form amino acids that are not chained together in a protein bond

bodybuilders use these free form amino acids right after a workout because they are utlilized quickly by the body, reguiring little or no digestion.

this most likely would have no benefit to acne.

but if you lift weights, take it right after your workout!!!!!

Oh so link to skin..or even hair??

I do cardio, and some weights..would that be fine?

No thats the thing, they are not a scam i got them from a health food store where the vitamins are...it has 550 mg in total i will list them later on but heres some of them

You can get all the amino acids you need from food, you don't need to pop a pill.

Adding this supplement to your diet may make you better able to produce certain protiens... i.e. keratin (hair and fingernails and skin) But a diet high in animal protein will do the same thing. That's why it's a scam. They get you to pay for something you could get much cheaper.

Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid

You can get all the amino acids you need from food, you don't need to pop a pill.

Adding this supplement to your diet may make you better able to produce certain protiens... i.e. keratin (hair and fingernails and skin) But a diet high in animal protein will do the same thing. That's why it's a scam. They get you to pay for something you could get much cheaper.

Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid

LOL. the thing is...i bought it because it was on sale... i got it for $2.00 CAD

Okay, whatever. Take it... I don't care. Just, for the sake of our scientifically ignorant society, try to understand what it is and why it helps (if it helps). Read up on the stuff.

Okay, whatever. Take it... I don't care. Just, for the sake of our scientifically ignorant society, try to understand what it is and why it helps (if it helps). Read up on the stuff.

Whoa..calm down..

It's alright.

I think the supplements are just like whey protien.. the powder stuff..which takes like crap. but has a lot of amino acids in it.

It's not a scam if you want to control the amount of carbs you consume. Whey protein is the best, btw. Protein supplement probably will not help with your acne; it may cause your outbreaks to worsen.

Protein shakes are much cheaper than boneless skinless chicken breast packs per serving. It is simply an inexpensive way to increase your protein intake without having to buy and eat tons of food.

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history